Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Unlocked HG612, BT Infinity and port forwarding - not working  (Read 3325 times)

matei

• Just arrived

Hi all...

Hoping someone can give me a pointer or two, trying to set up port fowarding with a new (unlocked) HG612 and getting nowhere.

A bit of info...  I'm trying to access a number of things remotely (IP webcams, VNC over SSH, FTP etc), was working fine previously at my old address, where I had BT Infinity with an older HH and the separate OpenReach modem.  I ditched the HH and used my Airport Extreme.  Port forwarding worked great, didn't have to do anything on the OpenReach - it just worked. 

MOved to a new address, BT gave me a HH5, which I tried using for a while.  Even enabling port forwarding on HH5 I was unable to get it to work.  The HH was flaky so I ditched it, picked up an unlocked HG612 from eBay and set that up (slightly different config, here the HG612 is working as a router, handling the pppoe and DHCP, the Airport Extreme is just for wireless now.

I've tried creating and enabling port forwarding rules on the HG612, different firewall configs (even tried disabling) but to no avail.

Have I missed a step along the way?

Thanks!

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Unlocked HG612, BT Infinity and port forwarding - not working
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 10:53:49 AM »

I don't know if this helps:   http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/HG622/defaultguide.htm
It's the nearest I could find - portforward.com don't have a guide for the HG612, but the HG622 is very similar.

I should say that when I tried some time ago to forward ports on the HG612 I didn't have any success either, but that might just be my incompetence. :)
  Eric

matei

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 10:58:07 AM »

THanks - I'll give it a read and have a go.  I'll report back with how I get on.  :)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 06:41:05 PM »

It might just be that the heat has got to my brain but if you had a successful set-up at your old address, using an HG612 and an Airport Extreme, then why don't you attempt to replicate it at your new address?  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

AdriHD

• I drank WHAT?
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 10:55:29 AM »

I had to titter at this. I had similar with the HH5 and fought with it peerlessly only to find out that i could use UPNP to configure the NAT xD haha
Holy chatrooms batman! To the MODmobile!