Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: TalkTalk HG 635 Firmware  (Read 116259 times)

datasegment

• Just arrived
Re: TalkTalk HG 635 Firmware
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2014, 10:18:02 PM »

Using the replacement config file posted here, and replacing the relevant sections from my internet settings to allow my vdsl line to actually connect :) Then connecting via PuTTY on the standard telnet port, which apparently isnt stealthed :( Although I have changed the default password in the file provided with my own to help slow down hackers while I play, and will be putting an ACL in to block that particular port from the WAN.

D.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2014, 10:41:31 PM »

@npr sorry forgot to say i did indeed enable tr069

@datasegment
standard telnet port, which apparently isnt stealthed

mine was??

Ian

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2014, 10:48:20 PM »

@datasegment
standard telnet port, which apparently isnt stealthed

mine was??

All ports between 0 to 1055 are stealthed here.

datasegment

• Just arrived
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2014, 11:33:58 PM »

Could somebody post a totally blocked config file then? I had two ports open, 23 and 1024 (<--bloody murkysoft). Firewall profile set to 'low' as setting it to high stops me accessing *anything !

D.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2014, 09:01:16 AM »

I am puzzled by what you are finding. I trust that you have  not used the full firmware files in the opensource zip. but just a config file. 

The only port that should be open is the TR069 port.  I originally had that blocked with TR069 off.  With TR069 on you can't port forward to block it.  The current config should have that port 7547 open so TR069 can work.  I don't like that but its inevitable with  TR069.

If it is the latest config file is at fault then I can only assume settings were lost when configuring it.  I attach another one that I just made, please do try it.  If that cures the problem I guess it must be a fault in the latest settings caused when I added TR069 in. I deleted the WAN connection and started afresh, that may have been the problem. This time I just edited the WAN.

So please try the one below and see if it fixes things.  If not a a download from some one else may help. 

Please let me know it case the previous file needs replacing.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 02:38:28 PM by les-70 »

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2014, 09:47:55 AM »

@ datasegment

Have you checked if there's any port forward rules active?
Have you disabled UPnP?

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2014, 03:27:21 PM »

@datasegment when trying the new config file make sure you don't have more than 4 resyncs in a day and ideally leave the HG635 off for just over 30 mins each time.  Hopefully the DLM should ignore the resyncs then.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2014, 07:01:18 PM »

I added a new WAN connection and can confirm that having done that port 23 is open on the wan.  Port forward can be used to put it stealth but I can't seem to repeat what I did before to get all stealth with no port forward.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2014, 07:24:36 PM »

I am not able to try it for a couple of days but here is an open WAN port 23 suggestion for testing by me or another.  The opensource firmware used port 23 for its TR069.  If with a new WAN,  port 23 is open then setting the port in remote management to 23 saving then back to the correct value of 7547 and saving may fix it.  This test would not involve a resync.

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2014, 09:06:19 PM »

I am not able to try it for a couple of days but here is an open WAN port 23 suggestion for testing by me or another.  The opensource firmware used port 23 for its TR069.  If with a new WAN,  port 23 is open then setting the port in remote management to 23 saving then back to the correct value of 7547 and saving may fix it.  This test would not involve a resync.

I really would not suggest having 23 open to WAN under any circumstances.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2014, 09:14:08 PM »

I think we all agree on that!!  The concerned posts are about closing it should it be open.  I don't know if datasegments has resolved his issue yet but he is only one reporting an actual issue. I have been trying to reproduce the issue with a view to ensuring it does not happen by accident.  Anyone using any new device or new config should do a shields up test of all ports.

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »

I've just tested this using standard v1.04t firmware with les-70's config file.
That is the original config file with the remote management port set to 23 but since changed to 7574.

With Remote management enable I created a new WAN connection, including using TRO69.
The port used by remote management remained 7574.
ShieldsUp showed all the first 1055 ports to be stealth.

Sorry, I couldn't duplicate this bug.
Perhaps the original, uncorrected, open source config file was used.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2014, 06:12:12 PM »

I think there is bug which means things need to be changed in some unknown order in order to work correctly.  When things are working correctly the port selected in remote management is open.  That is correct.  The default config file from the open source file had that port set at 23 as a default but when using that open source firmware changing the remote management 23 to the correct value closes 23 and opens the correct one selected for TR069.   Sometimes, and it has happened to me and clearly to datasegment, the although the port selected under remote management changes Ok port 23 seems to open and stay open as well.  I will try to explore the cause but things should be fine as long as you use and pass a "shields up" check. 

Hopefully the config files below will work OK.  Unless there is real need it may be best just edit things and not create new wan's.  I would also only change the device IP if there is real need.  With that in mind there are two files below one with 192.168.1.1 and one with 192.168.0.1.

As a reminder

1.  Under maintain/device save your current configuration settings as you will need them to easily get back to normal.

2. Under maintain/device upload the attached device settings file to the TT super router. 

3. If that works you may/should have telnet access with login of !!Huawei  / @HuaweiHgw

4.  The settings are some sort of default and I take no responsibility at all for them.   

5.  An upload of the config file you first saved should return you to normal if your not happy

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2014, 09:43:43 PM »

Do you know if the port is still stealth after a reboot?

Sorry I can't do much testing on this at present, I don't want to risk my new found sync speed by dropping the connection.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2014, 07:41:56 AM »

The problem in providing these files is that my HG635 is running the full open source firmware so the real test has to be someone else.  You should not have any impact on your sync if the current down stream snrm is at or above about 6.3.  If it is lower then a resync may loose a bit of speed. Also no more than 4 resyncs a day should should not impact a line.  Are your error rates OK? e.g. how may ES per day do you get?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12