Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: TalkTalk HG 635 Firmware  (Read 116473 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: TalkTalk HG 635 Firmware
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 03:42:08 PM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum clienthax:)

For the benefit of those kitizens who are wondering, the link you have provided is to a file containing hg635-opensource.tar.gz
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 09:25:01 PM »

For any one interested I used an image taken from the files posted above and now have a version with telnet enabled.  Got far enough to see the dsl driver version is A2pv6F039e but it will be a few days before I have time to try it on my line.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 07:29:17 PM »

I found time for a quick try this afternoon.  It went well to begin with

Since Link time = 1 hours 27 min 9 sec
FEC:      0      30
CRC:      22      3
ES:      18      3
SES:      0      0
UAS:      0      0
LOS:      0      0
LOF:      0      0

until I reached my lines peak error time of 17:00 -19:00

Since Link time = 4 hours 48 min 1 sec
FEC:      0      165
CRC:      24684      14
ES:      236      13
SES:      37      0
UAS:      0      0
LOS:      0      0
LOF:      0      0

I am not really sure why this early evening is the problem time.   This level of errors is similar values last seen with the XyXel VMG8324-B10A.  It seem that the 63168's and 039 dsl drivers don't like my line in the early evening.

The format of the stats is bit different. See a full example below.

Other issues: - the xdslcmd command in this device does not have the maxdatarate option so you can't cap speeds.  In in my short test it took a while to work out how to disable telnet access from the wan and I never managed to get a ping response on the WAN working.   If anyone is thinking of trying these firmwares remember that using them is one way street as unless TT do a remote upgrade and these firmware have been  set up to support that.  There may be no going back once you use them.   That said I was very happy until the errors bit. It gave a 2Mb/s speed up over the Hg612 and the throughput and wireless were fine, it worked with dslstats and I would guess that anyone with a better line than mine would be quite happy.  I will try again another day just in case the errors today are bad luck.  If any one does try them you will need the telnet login of !!Huawei/@HuaweiHgw.

The firmware  version is 1.04t so I would guess that the current regular TT firmware performs in a similar way but probably with a few bugs removed.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:32:43 PM by les-70 »

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 02:03:45 PM »

Any one with a TT super router who would like telnet access may wish to try this.  I can't advise on whether or not it will work as my one is no longer using the supplied firmware.

1.  Under maintain/device save your current configuration settings as you will need them to easily get back to normal.

2. Under maintain/device upload the attached device settings file to the TT super router.  It may or may not need renaming from .txt to .conf?

3. If that works you may/should have telnet access with login of !!Huawei  / @HuaweiHgw

4.  The settings are some sort of default and I take no responsibility at all for them.   

5.  An upload of the config file you first saved should return you to normal if your not happy

You may or may not need to change the xx@xx  connection name and password.  My TT line does not care what they are.   The only trouble I had was with the firewall side of things.  I would really welcome some one more expert than me trying this side of things.  I did get it secure with a Shields Up scan  but I could not get a response re WAN pings.   Someone who can work with iptables ought to be able to sort this all out via the telnet.  Update ==  it is report that provided TR069 is enabled the WAN ping and setting to TBB works via adding it to the acl.  I did not have TR069 enabled when testing but it is already in the config file in the next post

Please report what happens.   

Edit use config file from next post
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:55:55 PM by les-70 »

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 06:12:45 PM »

I attach an updated config file, it is basically the same but for me at least the firewall is now fully secure and as TR069 is enabled it may accept updates.  I can't get ping to work on the wan but the same issue is reported in standard configurations on the TT forums and no solution seems to offered.   

As before if you select auto under connection it will probably work but for FTTC I have made the default a normal FTTC setting. It is trivial to also add an adsl connection.  Apart from the bonus of the telnet access as noted above, a default FTTC user will probably only notice the wireless name and password not being the same as usual.  They can be edited to the usual or as needed.

A report would be most welcome.  Having got telnet working and found error rates with it are larger than an HG612  and similar on my line to other 63168 devices with the 039 dsl driver I am not using the HG635 most of the time (the CFE actually reports the TT HG635 device as a 63268 not 63168 ?).   On my line the error rate is typically x2 that of the HG612 and slightly worse than the Billion 8800NL .  Judging by other 63168 devices,  other lines may not show this error increase.   The sync speed increase is good and 3-4 Mb/s on my line.

Use a config file from http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14185.msg273545#msg273545
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:13:37 PM by les-70 »

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »

I can't get ping to work on the wan but the same issue is reported in standard configurations on the TT forums and no solution seems to offered.   

I've got the TBB ping graph working by adding the following firewall rule:
Service type:  ICMP
Access Direction: WAN
Start IP:  80.249.99.1
End IP:  80.249.99.254
Also for some reason TR069 needs to be enabled in the VDSL internet connection settings.
http://npr.me.uk/hg635.html

So far I've failed miserably trying the compile the hg635-opensource.tar.gz file.
This is not something I've any experience of doing before, so any tips will be gratefully received.
ie which folder do I "cd" to ?
Which commands do I run?

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2014, 09:23:56 PM »

Thanks for the info.  The rule in the firewall was the first thing I tried.  I never considered enabling the TR069 as well though.

I think a build of the firmware would be difficult.  I believe a needed folder, "product" if I recall correctly, should have a Config.in file in it and that is missing.  Are you using one of the built firmwares in the output folder or using the config file that I have provided.  If that config file works then you do have the major benefit of leaving the supplied modem firmware fully intact. 

Please can you say if the config file above gets telnet working with the supplied firmware?

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2014, 09:57:20 PM »

This is the file I have:
http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=28981
AFAIK it's the same file as the link earlier in this thread.

There's a .config file in /configs/tt/hg635
It looks interesting, is that all you need to run to build the firmware?
I thought you needed to run a "Make" file -- can't find that anywhere.

Hadn't noticed what I assume is the compiled firmware in the folder
/output/images/
Not sure which one to try but as they are all v1.04t, the same as the TT version, I think I'll leave alone and wait for the forthcoming TT v1.06t release.

I'll give your config file a try tomorrow and let you know.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2014, 07:10:59 AM »

That zip is the same as the other, there is a makefile is the top directory.  I tried make there, it got as far as complaining about the missing file.  The top Config.in notes the file in question as needed.   

As I mentioned above, the firmwares work fine and the HG635v1.04t_multicast_with_multicfg_main.bin  has telnet enabled. I would however recommend just trying the config file as that will be harmless.

If you use those images and upload one once you can get back to the supplied firmware if you solder up the serial output on the pcb and use the CFE to choose booting from the Slave image.   However if you upload an image twice both the main and Slave images are overwritten and there is no going back. That said the open source firmwares should accept an update from TT.

Please could you give a screen shot or print of the settings on the maintenance/remote access/ page of the default firmware. (I think it is called that).  Those settings and enabling TR069 are all that may be needed to ensure the images in the opensource file accept remote firmware updates from TT OK.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:03:52 PM by les-70 »

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2014, 02:04:08 PM »

Hi les-70,

I've restored (installed) your config file and can now get the telnet login whereas with the default config all I got was "connecting" which eventually timed out.
Unfortunately it will not accept the routers GUI login username and password (admin for both), any ideas for the telnet username / password?
 ie:
Welcome, you are from 192.168.1.65
-------------------------------
-----Welcome to ATP Cli------

Login: admin
Password:
Login incorrect. Try again.

Login:

The following are the default settings for the remote management, these settings were taken after a factory reset and before loading your config.

Page URL: http://192.168.1.1/html/advance.html#tr069

Enable remote management:  Ticked
Enable periodic information:  Ticked
Periodic information interval:  86400
ACS URL:  http://acs.talktalk.co.uk:7547/ACS-server/ACS
ACS username: Blank
ACS password: Blank
Connection request username:  cpeuser
Connection request password: (Encrypted)
Connection request port:  7547
Enable certificates: Not ticked
Certificate file path: No file selected

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2014, 02:28:35 PM »

I gave it a few posts above.  "If that works you may/should have telnet access with login of !!Huawei  / @HuaweiHgw"  I am pleased that config file has worked for you. This means that TT HG635 users can get telnet without much trouble.

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2014, 06:28:55 PM »

I gave it a few posts above. 

How did I miss that   :-[
I can login to telnet with that username and password but the response to a cli command is "Command failed".

Welcome, you are from 192.168.1.64
-----Welcome to ATP Cli------

Login: !!Huawei
Password:
ATP>xdslcmd info --stats
Command failed.
ATP>

The config file reduced the DHCP lease time to just 1 minute.
That and other changes I made:

DHCP server:
lease duration: was 1 minute  changed to 1 day

2.4 GHz
11n bandwidth: was 20/40MHz changed to 20MHz

UPnP: was enabled changed to disabled.

Remote Management: was enabled changed to disabled
Connection request port: was 23 changed to 7547

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2014, 06:35:51 PM »

You need to first type "sh" at the ATP> prompt first.   If you use dslstats with HG635 selected and the login info edited you will quickly see the stats in nice form.   

Thanks for pointing out the other things - most are my fault and some of my defaults.  I will update the config file later on to save other from the same issues.

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2014, 07:14:20 PM »

All working now, thanks for your patience.   ;D

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2014, 07:20:33 PM »

I have updated the config file above re DHCP lease time and remote management settings.

@npr if your running live and connected please go to https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 click proceed, then choose "all service ports"  I am hoping you get all ports marked as stealth. If not please let me know!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12