Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: please help hg612, sky fibre going in circles  (Read 17640 times)

Homer71

Re: please help hg612, sky fibre going in circles
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 05:56:23 PM »

Everything on the sr102 works perfectly lights on front are continually white apart from when I've had it off then the Internet light goes orange then it goes white and stays white. I've tried the hg612 through a filter already and with nothing plugged into the master socket I don't even have my telephone plugged in at all. I was on the verge of buying another hg612 as I thought this one I'd broken somehow but as it works on someone else's line. I thought I'd cracked all the difficult part of all this and only had to plug a power socket and a couple of cables how wrong was I.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 08:51:10 PM »

I thought I'd cracked all the difficult part of all this and only had to plug a power socket and a couple of cables how wrong was I.

Thats the way it should be, the HG612 works at your mums house and the SR102 works at your house, So it does look like your having Connection/Authentication issue with the HG612 at your premises.

Would be good to have some input from other Kitz members who have the HG612 connected to SKY Fibre Broadband  :)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 10:18:51 PM by NewtronStar »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 01:12:57 AM »

I have been following this thread but must confess that I have got a little confused.  ???

A HG612 (locked, exactly as provided by Openreach or having been updated with one of the unlocked firmware images) should establish synchronisation with the remote DSLAM/MSAN regardless of the service provider's authorisation process. The authorisation process has nothing to do with, nor is anyway related to, the bridging modem.

If a HG612 establishes synchronisation when connected at Location A but fails to establish synchronisation when connected at Location B (using the same RJ11 to RJ11 lead in both cases) then there must be a problem with the SSFP or NTE5/A at Location B.

For a HG612, the state of synchronisation is indicated by having both the Power and DSL LEDs lit, solid green.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Homer71

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 10:55:56 AM »

Tested the hg612 through the test socket and filter not a thing. Also tried the plugging hg612 DSL into the wall and lan socket into the sr102 and nothing no magic at all and the only constant is using the same socket and DSL cable the sr102 connects to the Internet.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 11:54:48 PM »

Am I understanding correctly?  ???

In your own home, you tried connecting the HG612 directly to the test socket of the NTE5/A via a micro-filter and it did not synchronise? (The Power LED was solid green, the DSL LED was flashing green?)

You have also taken the HG612 to a different address and connected it to the line and it did synchronise with the remote DSLAM/MSAN?

If the answer is "yes" to both of the above questions then it tells me that there is some sort of fault, possibly with the NTE5/A, in your home.

Synchronisation of the modem with the remote DSLAM/MSAN must occur before any attempt is made to authenticate. In the case of Openreach's GEA-FTTC product, using a separate modem and router, the authentication is managed by the router.

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 10:57:50 PM »

...or one of the synch options is exclusively ticked; ADSL perhaps?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 11:16:12 PM »

...or one of the synch options is exclusively ticked; ADSL perhaps?

Yes, that possibility should also be considered. A long reset (with the modem powered up but not connected to the line, press and hold the reset button for 15 - 20 seconds) will revert the configuration back to the initial default, without affecting the modem's unlocked status.

Homer71

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 08:50:28 PM »

At my house which has the sky fibre with the sr102 the hg612 power led is green but the DSL led flashes then just stays off that is in a brand new open reach fitted nte5. I've tried 3 different DSL cables in the top DSL socket and through the test socket and filter with same outcome.

When I took the hg612 and DSL cables to my mothers who has only the standard sky broadband the DSL led flashes twice then turns solid green and stays green.

I've also tried the plugging in the hg612 to the sky hub following the instructions to the letter all I get is every now and then the DSL lights flash but never go solid.

Since I've had sky fibre installed I've had 3 different open reach engineers to my home due to bad connection  one changed the master socket but they have never found any faults at all on the line.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 09:15:07 PM »

Thank you. I now understand the situation and can appreciate the frustration that it is causing.  :'(  Unfortunately I do not have a solution.  :no:

custard

• Geeky Dentist
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 11:17:54 PM »

To make sure the long reset worked can you check the modem webpage?
Make sure "VDSL2" or "ALL" is ticked? I've attached a pic to show mine.

Homer71

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 01:34:45 PM »

I've decided to give up on this now I don't usually give up on anything but I'm beat going to have to put up with the use less sr102 which is also doing my head in but at least does connect to the internet. Thanks for your help guys I appreciate the time taking to respond if anything painfully obvious pops up I'd be grateful to hear it.

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 11:09:17 PM »

Homer, unless I'm missing something, your problem is *very* easy to resolve. Login to the HG612 and then look at the screenshot custard pasted above.

If VDSL2 is not ticked then it simply will not synch on your Sky fibre but would synch elsewhere.

If I had a HG612 on a permanent ADSL2 service, then I would absolutely have unticked the other options. There's also been a few posts on here of the reset thing not working properly.

If you can bear to give it another minute of your time it might be worth checking this :)

Homer71

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 12:13:30 AM »

I've checked the above image and all is as it should be other than that I've not changed anything else other than do a long reset which didn't seem to make any difference. I'm sure its a simple issue that I'm missing what I don't understand is plugging it in to another home's Internet connection within 1 main the DSL light is on and solid although that is not sky fibre then plugged into my fibre DSL flickers once then nothing which at least let's me know the hg612 is actually working.

custard

• Geeky Dentist
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 06:15:36 PM »

If you still feel up to it then could you also check that the hg612 is setup for bridge mode. My settings are attached.

When I was swapping between 2 modems (hg612 and ECI/r) I found that sometimes they would not connect straight away. After multiple attempts I had to disconnect the DSL connection for about half an hour before reconnecting.

Lastly can you select debug mode for logs under maintainence and then paste the logfile here once you have attempted to connect?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:12:59 PM by custard »

Homer71

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2014, 10:07:16 AM »

Hi once again just thought I'd once again post an update over the weekend I asked my brother to give the hg612 that has being driving me potty a try on his setup. He has skyfibre he plugged the hg612 in connected it up an straight away it connected without issue. Got it back plugged it all in and yet again i got nothing but at least i know it does actually work with sky fibre.
The only difference we have in our set up is I have a sr102 and he has a modem similar to my hg612 but not the same connected to a router don't know what equipment I've never seen it all I know it was what a sky engineer came to his home and set up and unlike me he has never had any connection issue or WiFi issue mine is still a constant pain and have had various openreach engineer visits and literary spent hours on phone to sky. Sorry I don't have more technical details about brothers equipment but as I've had issues with the hg612 it took some convincing him to plug it in in case it messed his system up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3