Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I Pad Advice Needed  (Read 5600 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
I Pad Advice Needed
« on: May 13, 2014, 04:06:30 PM »

I am starting to look more closely at I Pads.I am leaning towards the latest I Pad air and am hoping to have another look at one in John Lewis tomorrow.My other consideration is the new Sony Z2 tablet.I want one that will be 4G enabled for when I get shunted back to sub 2mb ADSL when Digital Region closes mid August.

My question is ...how do you transfer photos from cameras directly to the I Pad. I have 2 cameras,one uses SD cards and my Sony DSLR camera uses compact flash cards.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: I Pad Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 04:45:51 PM »

I presume you want to have this facility to be able to send photos over the net (I cannot see any other reason to do this on any kind of tablet as there is not enough storage). So far I have not found anything to do this for my wife's Android tablet or my Sony Xperia phone but since we have good internet it is not a huge problem. I presume you will still have  a PC so I guess the way to go is via the PC.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 06:27:18 PM »

Thanks Stuart.

Tbh I haven't decided if I'm going to have ADSL internet when Digital Region closes.It will be sub 2mb for definite as it was before my fibre connection which is at present giving me 24mb down and 10mb up.Nowadays for wht I use a PC for I think a good spec tablet would probably suffice my needs.

I have seen that you can get usb connectors and also SD card readers but have read that the usb transfer method is unreliable,an error message pops up saying it uses too much power ?

This looks handy but is a US based store.

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/ipad-cf-sd-reader/

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 08:43:06 AM »

My parents have an ipad air, its nice and light but other than that I cant see much difference over my own ipad.

My own personal opinion is that for my next device I will be leaning more away from Apple... purely because of some of their restrictions... ie such as being able to insert SDcards etc.

.how do you transfer photos from cameras directly to the I Pad

I found the easiest way is to email photos to myself...  yep I know its a PITA...  there is a way you are supposed to be able to do if from the PC via iTunes, but its a lot of faffing around. :/

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 10:16:17 PM »

My daughter just uses 'itunes' to download photos from her Iphone to her laptop, she can use it to download from her camera to iphone.
Why dont you store your photos on your computer as the hard drive in an i pad is small 16/32GB  :o the SD card in my camera is bigger than that . :'(
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.