Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Chipset drivers  (Read 5632 times)

Geekofbroadband

• Reg Member
Chipset drivers
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:00:05 AM »

Hi,

So basically I want the latest AMD driver and Intel for my laptop so I get the best performance on gaming. Can I just get the latest Intel Graphics driver from intel then install the chipset from my laptop manufacture? 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:20:55 AM by Geekofbroadband »

Berrick

• Reg Member
Re: Chipset drivers
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 07:00:30 AM »

Getting the latest drivers doesn't equal better performance. You would need to read the release notes attached to any driver update to see what the update fixes or offers. Beta drivers whilst they may be unpredictable often give better performance then WHQL drivers.

Making sure the BIOS is configured to suite your needs and stopping any unnecessary services and programs within the OS can reap dividends as can overclocking.

If you go down the overclocking route be sure to understand the risks. I have not experience of overclocking though other here may be able to offer advise about doing so.
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 10:41:38 AM »

I would very strongly advise against overclocking a laptop, if it's even possible. Laptops typically have a hard enough time ventilating all the heat produced under full load without the extra heat overclocking produces.

Is this one of those fancy new laptops with both intel and ATi graphics?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 09:22:39 PM »

Ive had a couple Samsung laptops of late passed to me for sorting out and tidying up.

This:-

Can I just get the latest Intel Graphics driver from intel then install the chipset from my laptop manufacture? 

makes me think of the Samsung updater, which periodically prompts you to download updated drivers etc and will even do it all for you including any bios updates.     In this case and if thats what you mean, yes it is possible to get the latest graphics driver from one source and let the software updater do any of the other updates for the rest.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything