Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Windows update to fix security problem in Internet Explorer - Includes XP!  (Read 5080 times)

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog

Today Microsoft have released an update that fixes a security problem in Internet Explrorer that's already being exploited.

Despite their previous announcements regarding cessation of support, this update also applies to Windows XP!  :-X

If you run Windows Update, you'll find an urgent update waiting for you. It applies to all current versions of Windows.

Ian

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk

I saw that the other day...  although one thing occurred to me...  the security flaw was in IE so could that not have been fixed by an IE update...  or is IE too integrated into Windows & WindowsUpdate.   I meant to do some further research but never got around to it.
Surely there must be some other way, there must be users using other platforms besides windows that have IE installed that will also need updating. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

Thanks Shed

I to have old XP in the house using IE8, will check for this update have already got the update for IE9 on Vista and IE11 on windows 8.1