Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: D-Link DSL-2740B-not connecting to WAN  (Read 1995 times)

konrado5

• Reg Member
D-Link DSL-2740B-not connecting to WAN
« on: April 22, 2014, 06:23:20 PM »

I have problem with D-Link DSL-2740B (firmware EU_5.17). If my router lost synchronization few times, it doesn't connect to Internet (synchronization is established but it is not logged in WAN). It is necessary to reboot in order to connect again. What is happens?

Best regards
konrado5

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: D-Link DSL-2740B-not connecting to WAN
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:02:20 AM »

>> it doesn't connect to Internet

That means its not automatically getting a PPP session.    There may be a setting that you need to change, although someone with more knowledge on that router is possibly best to answer... some routers are better than others at regaining PPP after a loss of sync.  It may have something to do with timeout settings... but wait for someone who knows more on that router..  because I dont know your router and have no idea of its config.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 10:22:30 AM »

I can't remember the details for this particular router, but they usually have options for the PPP connection timeout and reconnecting automatically. But if I can make a suggestion, your very good connection shouldn't be re-syncing frequently. If you're still tweaking the target SNR margin to a very low level, then you should stop doing this and reset the target SNRM to a level which maintains the stability of the connection.
  Eric

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »

I don't have resyncing unless my ISP and myself check something. On SNR margin 0.1-1.1 dB I had resync after 7 days. Reconnecting to PPP sometimes work and sometimes not. However, click "apply" in PPP settings help. "Connect" doesn't help.

anything