Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: my ISP continously repeat - my SNR graph is normal  (Read 4170 times)

konrado5

• Reg Member
my ISP continously repeat - my SNR graph is normal
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:29:14 PM »

What could I reply to my ISP if my ISP says "your SNR graph is standard on ADSL2+". Why my SNR graph is not standard?

Best regards
konrado5

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
Re: my ISP continously repeat - my SNR graph is normal
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 10:38:57 PM »

It is standard though...

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:52:02 PM »

It is standard though...
410-477 gap is not standard. It was said by burakkucat and kitz. My ISP says it is normal on ADSL2+ about 1.2 KM long lines. I'd like to send to my ISP example ADSL2+ attenuation 24.5 dB SNR on tones graphs. Unfortunately I can't find graphs. I find only ADSL2 graphs or ADSL2+ very short line graphs and ADSL2+ very long lines graphs.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:11:01 PM »

They never said that. They said it's one of the technicalities of ADSL and it's something that is irrelevant in the have scheme of things.

Why can't you just be happy with what you have?!?!

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 11:47:38 PM »

If it is not possible to remove fault I'll be happy but I want to do what I can do to persuade my ISP to find cause of 410-477 gap. How to explain to my ISP why it is not normal and what graphs can I send with 1.2 KM ADSL2+?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 07:01:59 AM »

You aren't going to get an answer to that question here. The only answer anyone here can give is "We don't know". The 410-477 gap isn't something we see in the UK, so it may be something specific in Poland, or it may be something which is specific to your ISP. However many times you ask this question, the answer will remain the same: we don't know.
  Eric

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 11:29:24 AM »

I'd like to give him theorethical explanation eg. frequence increase the attenuation rises slightly (and not significantly). It is not should be that 410-477 SNR is very low and suddenly 478-511 increases significantly. I think it is poor explanation.

Besides, I'd like to send normal ADSL2+ graphs. On kitz.co.uk I see only G.DMT or ADSL2 graphs.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 02:39:59 PM »

FWIW I've found Poland's frequency allocation lists. I wonder if the answer to the missing tones may lie there. 410-477= ~1767-2058kHz; am I right?

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »

renluop: yes, you are right. I've heard there are frequiences used by amateur radio, however I've gathered information that nobody broadcast radio on these frequiences in my town. Moreover, my phone line is underground. Moreover, my QLN is strange. On unused frequiences I have also very low noise.

My ISP annoys me. They continously say it is normal for long lines (obviously it is not true and also my line is no such long).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:57:52 PM by konrado5 »

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 03:24:57 PM »

In the lists  there are annotations e.g. 5.90 5.103. The meaning of those are at the end of the document. Do they give any further clues? I guess you might want to find a Polish equivalent of the whole document: I'd always prefer to read something in my native tongue. :)

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 04:47:45 PM »

I'm almost there is 160m band notch-filter somewhere on the line since my ISP changed DSLAM. However, my ISP annoys me saying continously it is all right and my bit-loading is normal.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 12:17:10 PM »

I'm almost there is 160m band notch-filter somewhere on the line since my ISP changed DSLAM. However, my ISP annoys me saying continously it is all right and my bit-loading is normal.

Because they are right.

They're trained in this industry. They do this as a career. I'm sure they know what they're talking about.

Just trust that they are right and move on.