Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Netgear D6200  (Read 2785 times)

oshb5ems

• Just arrived
Netgear D6200
« on: April 06, 2014, 11:24:34 AM »

Hello

Can I ask if anyone has one of these modem Routers or has had one and if so what they think of them please? :-\

Regs Osh

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
Re: Netgear D6200
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 12:41:16 PM »

I've used the D6300 and it had the worst WiFi reception of any router I've ever used.

oshb5ems

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 01:59:23 PM »

Hi Alec

Oh dear that dont sound good neews then.. I need to get a modem/Router or modem and a router But like very soon as mine is failing and needs replacing. If you read all that is said about everyone they all seem fantastic But its not till you actually get someone that has used onethat you find out teh truth. I dont know if there is a place to go n read what users have had and used and give their opinions on?

Osh

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 03:39:09 PM »

I have no experience of either the D6200 or the D6300 but think it is worth flagging that Alec has only offered his personal opinion, based on experience, of the D6300. To me, that opinion should not be used when attempting to make a judgement on the D6200;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 06:53:08 PM »

I have no experience of either the D6200 or the D6300 but think it is worth flagging that Alec has only offered his personal opinion, based on experience, of the D6300. To me, that opinion should not be used when attempting to make a judgement on the D6200;)

That's fair enough, burakkucat.

I have tried many of Netgear's recent routers and all have had dreadful WiFi reception. I have tried: DGND3700 (both versions 1 and 2), DGND4000, D6300.

The last router I tried by Netgear that had decent WiFi reception was the DGN2200.

I cannot offer a view of the D6200's WiFi reception, but going by my experience, the chances of it being good where I am is very low indeed.

Now, my bad experience may just be down to what my house construction is like and you may not have any such issues. All I can say is that I have had no issues with a TP-Link router that I currently have installed.

If I was you, I would go ahead and get it from Amazon. Then, if the WiFi reception does end up being bad, or you have any issues, you can return it, no questions asked and you can get a full refund ;).

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 07:07:13 PM »

If I was you, I would go ahead and get it from Amazon. Then, if the WiFi reception does end up being bad, or you have any issues, you can return it, no questions asked and you can get a full refund ;).

ACK.  :thumbs:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

anything