Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Broadband Checker Script or API  (Read 1745 times)

cencall

• Just arrived
Broadband Checker Script or API
« on: March 24, 2014, 10:07:26 PM »

Hi All,
I am planning to launch a new website which is basically a speed test website.
I am thinking of including a broadband checker as well so people can input their post code and check what kind of broadband packages are available and with which ISP's?
Can anyone suggest a free script or API but should return the definite results including FTTC, FTTP, Cable etc?
Many thanks for your co-operation in advance.
Regards

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Broadband Checker Script or API
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 04:16:02 PM »

I dont Im afraid.   I built my own hooking up sams database (with his permission).  If you go that route you will have to build your own interface and you will require a knowledge of a programming language and a server with a database to store any other info you want (such as exchange market values etc).   I used php & sql, but thats up to you what you use.... irrc it took me a few months to build it. :(

Even then it doesnt hook up to anything that gives you the ISP prices.
If there was something that did this for free then I'd be using it ;)

Broadband choices do an API of sorts, but I decided it wasnt for me.  They dont include all ISPs, you have to do minimum sales (100s?) per month, I cant recall how much they take (50%?) ..  oh and you need to be VAT registered.    This is a not for profit site, anything we get goes straight to cover hosting costs (its busy so I need my own server)...  and I like to be able to tell it how it is regardless of whom the ISP is..  and not tied to anything that recommends an ISP because it gives commision.   Thats not the way we work around here :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 04:18:59 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

cencall

• Just arrived
Re: Broadband Checker Script or API
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 05:43:05 PM »

Thanks a lot for heads up.
If anyone else who knows how we can achieve this is welcome to share his/her thoughts.