Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: "Google Play Store" - "No Connection - Retry"  (Read 7556 times)

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
"Google Play Store" - "No Connection - Retry"
« on: February 22, 2014, 03:13:27 PM »

Hi all,

Having a problem with my Tesco hudl and Google Play Store. I want to install the app "Wifi Analyzer"

The "Google Play Store" is saying "No Connection - Retry". It seems a common problem mentioned on many Android forums, with "solutions" which include: switch on and off, toggle airplane mode, check the clock, clear the Play Store cache, clear the Play Store Data.

I've done all the above - and it's still not working.

The wireless connection is fine. The only anomaly that I can see is in Settings > Accounts > Google where under my login id there is the message "Sync error". Tapping my user id I get a list of apps, and the following show sync errors:
Calendar
Google Play Movies & TV
Plus the message "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"
As "Google Play Store" is not listed at all among these apps I've no idea if this is relevant.

And interestingly, I can also login to my Google Play Store account from my PC where it lists what apps are installed on the hudl.
From the PC there's the an option to invoke an installation of an app on the hudl. I did that - for "Wifi Analyzer" - and the PC claims the app is installed. But no sign of it on the hudl.

Any ideas anybody?

Cheers,
Peter

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: "Google Play Store" - "No Connection - Retry"
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »

I quite often get problems with the play store saying no connection,  I just keep hitting retry and it usually starts to work after a while. Other than that I have no idea.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 07:18:44 PM »

Ta for replying. And it's just come back to life. I guess it's just one of those things.
And when I got the app running - "Wifi Analyzer" - I was most impressed, and have now changed channels on my router.

Cheers,
Peter

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 08:02:08 PM »

Glad it's working again, I've used a similar program on my latop for years called Inssider, they also have an Android version.

Edit: It used to be free for home use, looks like they are charging for it now :-(
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 09:50:55 PM »

Hi Peter,

Another good wifi app is inSSIDer. I use this on my android phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metageek.inSSIDer&hl=en

By the way I kept getting the 'no connection,retry' when browsing music earlier in the Google Play store.