Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Does this look okay?  (Read 37730 times)

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
Re: Does this look okay?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2014, 11:15:50 AM »

I created the tasks and tried to force it to do something by clicking snapshot etc and did get some stuff, but no graphs or gui info.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nc8eg1ea5u1hw63/sjz5rWXCUj/HG612_Modem_Stats
Alcatel Cab 200/20 Vectored VDSL 35b - Technicolor DGA4130 Bridged + Asus RT-AC86U Asuswrt-Merlin

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2014, 12:20:30 PM »

The snapshot data harvesting seems fine.

I have amended the snapshot graphing program to be compatible with Profile 8a & attach the results accordingly.

There is no modem_stats.log in the Ongoing_Stats folder you posted to dropbox.
Was one not generated?

If not, is Ongoing stats switched on in the GUI?
I can only see one instance of it running in "Login_events.TXT" from the Scripts folder.
There is also no evidence of it running in "info..txt", also in the Scripts folder.

Do you have loads of ONGOING-ISRUNNING-xxxxxx-xxx.TXT files in the Scripts folder?

On the whole, your connection looks pretty good, considering the throughput speed restrictions your ISP enforces, but there must be 'some' interference as confirmed by DS & US Interleaving being switched

EDIT:

In the meantime, I have attached a Profile 8a compatible version of GRAPH6.exe for you to to try in place of the existing GRAPH6.exe in the Scripts folder.

If you wish to plot the snapshot montages from the Plink files you have already obtained, just drag & drop them onto the new GRAPH6.exe icon & they will be generated in whichever folder the log file is stored in.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:34:03 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2014, 01:10:10 PM »

The snapshot data harvesting seems fine.

I have amended the snapshot graphing program to be compatible with Profile 8a & attach the results accordingly.

There is no modem_stats.log in the Ongoing_Stats folder you posted to dropbox.
Was one not generated?

If not, is Ongoing stats switched on in the GUI?
I can only see one instance of it running in "Login_events.TXT" from the Scripts folder.
There is also no evidence of it running in "info..txt", also in the Scripts folder.

Do you have loads of ONGOING-ISRUNNING-xxxxxx-xxx.TXT files in the Scripts folder?

Thank you. There was no modem_stats.log  and there is no ongoing-is running  text files and it is green in the gui, I'll try re-anabling the ongoing stats again.
Alcatel Cab 200/20 Vectored VDSL 35b - Technicolor DGA4130 Bridged + Asus RT-AC86U Asuswrt-Merlin

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2014, 01:18:05 PM »

Cheers.

Have you attempted to plot any snapshot montages from your Plink log files, using the updated GRAPH6.exe program?

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2014, 01:31:17 PM »

Yes I deleted what was there and replaced the graph.exe ran another snapshot and the graphs created great thanks very much. Still no live stats in the gui though.

Thanks for the input on the connection. I wonder why there is a lower interleaving level at work given the quality of the line there is worse, although things are more responsive here at home and pings are lower.

If interleaving was optional on my line, would you get it turned off?

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2014, 01:00:02 AM »

Yes I deleted what was there and replaced the graph.exe ran another snapshot and the graphs created great thanks very much. Still no live stats in the gui though.

I have attached an amended version of HG612_stats.exe to replace the original version in the scripts folder.
Unzip both files into the Scripts folder & run "HG612_stats_to_TXT_file.BAT".

It should run HG612_stats.exe, silently outputting the program progress to a text file ("HG612_stats.TXT" - also in the Scripts folder).

Please then post the resulting text file here & I should then (hopefully) be able to spot where I need to amend things to suit Profile 8a connections.

I have attached an example text file from my connection to show roughly what it should look like.

I'm sure that only a minor tweak will be required.
Finding where it is needed will be the hardest part.

Thanks for the input on the connection. I wonder why there is a lower interleaving level at work given the quality of the line there is worse, although things are more responsive here at home and pings are lower.

You may have some intermittent interference at home that isn't present on your work connection, possibly from electrical equipment etc.
We should be able to spot when that happens once we can get the ongoing stats running.

It isn't severe enough to lower your sync speeds below the IoM capped limits though.

What are your ping times like from http://www.speedtest.net?
Mine are around 11ms with a DS Interleaving depth of 431.

If interleaving was optional on my line, would you get it turned off?

To gain a slightly higher sync speed, yes.
However, your connection would be likely to see far more errored seconds & uncorrectible errors needing re-transmission that could then actually slow down your throughput speeds.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:02:51 AM by Bald_Eagle1 »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2014, 01:12:12 AM »

A quick cat-call . . .

There appears to be something wrong with your second attachment, HG612_stats.TXT.

On attempting to download it, I am directed to Kitz' naughty corner???
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2014, 01:18:12 AM »

It works for me (downloading or directly opening the file to view it), but of course I do use a superior OS (Windows 7)  :P

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2014, 11:34:54 AM »

File attached.

Ping times usually somewhere between 45 & 60 ms.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »

It works for me (downloading or directly opening the file to view it), but of course I do use a superior OS (Windows 7)  :P

All is now well for me. (I suspect a temporary Kitz-ish site error.)  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2014, 11:15:30 PM »

File attached.

Ping times usually somewhere between 45 & 60 ms.

Hmm. The ping times seem quite high.

Most things seemed O.K. in your text file, so there can't be much needing a change.

However, I have attached another version of HG612_stats.exe that will provide more debugging data when running  "HG612_stats_to_TXT_file.BAT"

Would you mind giving it another go & posting the resulting "HG612_stats.TXT" file again?

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 08:01:40 AM »

Here you go.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 09:28:31 AM »

Thanks for that.

Everything looks O.K.
It seems that you did actually have some previous data in modem_stats.log, obtained roughly 20.62 hours prior to running the batch file. i.e. at 11:22 yesterday morning:-

size of modem_stats.log is 529

fseek_success = -1
previous_day as string     = 16
previous_month as string   = 02
previous_year as string    = 2014

previous_hour as string     = 11
previous_minute as string   = 22

seconds since the Epoch: 1392549720
time_difference between current time & previous log time = 1237 minutes

As the modem's internal clock was reset this morning & HG612_current_stats.exe ran part way through the manually initiated data harvest, it suggests that your connection has resynced at least once since the text file you posted yesterday:-

AS:      63217

That equates to roughly 17.56 hours before you ran the batch file this morning.

Sync speeds appear to be exactly the same though:-
Path:   0, Upstream rate = 2495 Kbps, Downstream rate = 52999 Kbps

Maybe those are the I o M fixed maximum sync speeds, with actual throughput restricted to 40/2?

Is everything now working O.K via every minute logging?

If not, I suspect that the every minute Scheduled task is not running for some reason.
Would you be able to check the history of the task in Task Scheduler?

I have attached a screen shot of mine.

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 10:26:15 AM »

When installing, yes the engineer said Upstream rate = 2495 Kbps, Downstream rate = 52999 Kbps was "maxed out" but I am capped to 40.

I tried a different cable and also tried diff firmware , prob hence the resync. What is the best firmware to use at the moment?

Also I purchased a mk2 OR faceplate, which I tried briefly for my adsl but made no diff I could see, I may put that on and see what happens.

Existing faceplate attached,
http://postimg.org/image/dkf7jvxzn/

Will see if I am getting stats when I get home.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 11:11:50 AM »

When installing, yes the engineer said Upstream rate = 2495 Kbps, Downstream rate = 52999 Kbps was "maxed out" but I am capped to 40.

I tried a different cable and also tried diff firmware , prob hence the resync. What is the best firmware to use at the moment?

While my connection was down recently, I reset the firmware to Asbokid's original unlocking firmware version & waited for BT to remotely update it:-

xdslcmd --version
xdslcmd version 1.0
DSL PHY: AnnexA version - A2pv6C030b.d22g
******* Pass *********

It was remotely updated 2 days later:-

xdslcmd --version
xdslcmd version 1.0
DSL PHY: AnnexA version - A2pv6C038m.d24j
******* Pass *********

As this was BT's update, the modem's GUI is disabled, but Telnet & my programs' access still work.

Prior to this, I was using Wolfy's revision with GUI reinstated with no issues at all:-

bcm96368MVWG_fs_kernel_HG612V100R001C01B030SP06_unlockedgui

I'll probably revert to Wolfy's version soon.

In your case, in IoM, I have no idea whether the firmware will be remotely updated, so I'm not sure which version to recommend.

One of the updated versions may just cause issues with your 8a profile, but I don't really know.

I see from your Plink log from 15th that you were using Asbokid's firmware with the newer BLOB:-

xdslcmd --version
xdslcmd version 1.0
DSL PHY: AnnexA version - A2pv6C035m.d22g
******* Pass *********

Which version are you now using?

Also I purchased a mk2 OR faceplate, which I tried briefly for my adsl but made no diff I could see, I may put that on and see what happens.

Existing faceplate attached,
http://postimg.org/image/dkf7jvxzn/

It wouldn't do any harm.
They are supposed to assist with VDSL2 connections & some users believe it has caused a slight improvement.

Will see if I am getting stats when I get home.

Cheers for that.

The raw data from ongoing harvesting should also be stored in "xlogfile.txt"

It would be worth seeing if that is working & maybe post a copy for me to view.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

anything