Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Friday greetings  (Read 1658 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Friday greetings
« on: January 24, 2014, 10:55:19 AM »

Bonjour / Good Morning to all.   What a grizzly day it is today  (grey and drizzle) :o   our lovely sun and blue sky has vanished overnight, which has set the agenda for today   -   a quiet day at chez nous  ;D   Fortunately we had our lunchy yesterday so don't feel deprived  :D

I have this week used a new 'venture' - a local château has opened it's doors for local producers  of fruit, veg, meat, bread, dairy products, honey  etc. I registered with  their site on line, placed an order on Sunday and collected it early evening Wednesday. This is a lot easier for me than having to go to the market or shop, the produce is good, very fresh and not badly priced, in fact in some instances the prices are extremely competitive with even the larger outlets.    For the moment, because it is very new,  the service is available fortnightly, this might increase to weekly if it is well supported.  So with this, my 'mobile shop' that come to the house every week, and my on line order for heavy goods which I collect and is loaded/unloaded by someone else - it's all working out well.  To add to the convenience, I have now been officially   'stamped'    ;D   'handicapped' and have received a parking permit so that I can park in the disabled areas.  Gosh, I never dreamed that one day I would have one of those ...makes one think !

My blood results were fine again  ....I now have another one in February, before my  next nuclear scan on the 26th  .....so far so good   :)

Has any one watched the series  Last Tango in Halifax ?; we didn't watch it on TV, but have since bought the DVD's series one and two ..  love it ..  high class acting, funny and  sad,  together with the beautiful scenery of the Yorkshire Dales (and that's from someone with Lancashire roots   :D  )  I always preferred the Dales to the Lake District, but  shhhhhhh  don't tell anyone in Lancashire    ;D    -     excellent series !

A little white dog is pestering me at the moment, it must be his lunch time  ::)  it seems to get earlier every day  ;D  He has been having antibiotics for the past eight days, which I have hidden in small quenelles  of salmon rillettes  (pate)  He is quite disappointed that he's finished them, but his throat/cough is cured !
I had better heed his pestering  (he's just slightly spoilt   :D

Take care all - enjoy your day  :flower:

It's today that matters !

JGO

• Reg Member
Re: Friday greetings
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 03:47:54 PM »

Has any one watched the series  Last Tango in Halifax ?

Yes; repeated on TV a few weeks ago. My wife watched it all and I saw bits of it.
Don't know if it is like "Last of the Summer Wine" but when visiting friends in Holmfirth you didn't mention that !!  crowds of sightseers cluttering the place etc !

Re people with Lancashire roots - I have met some very pleasant ones. It is the ones who left their brains at home so they don't learn anything new we can't stick.

Interested in the "New Venture" don't know of a Farmers Market which does that. So far we are happy with a net order to a local supermarket which is delivered - no complaints about freshness.

"What a grizzly day it is today  (grey and drizzle) " YES !

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 04:41:29 PM »

I'm not sure  exactly where in the Dales the actual 'farm' is   ..the main towns featured  are Halifax, Halifax and I'm sure I saw Skipton in the first series.  We never visited Holmfirth - so we weren't part of the hoards !  I know what you mean about sightseers  -  we used to live in the Trough of Bowland - buy busy busy in the good weather - rather different in the bleak midwinter  ;D

Re people with Lancashire roots - I have met some very pleasant ones.      :lol:     I'd be in that group  :angel:

We always said the best thing to come out of Yorkshire was the road to Lancashire   >:D   ( Hope Phil's not listening  :D  )
It's today that matters !

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 07:17:05 PM »

G'evening.

Dull well and drizzly here too. Very cold today, although it was yesterday we had the massive hail storms.   We were in class and could hardly hear what was going on as it drummed against the side of the building. It piled up in corners looking like snow, which latest most of the day.

>>> Re people with Lancashire roots

Being a Lancashire Lassy I shall close my trap right now.  ;)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker