Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Coooorrrr ANGER!  (Read 1954 times)

door_bell

Coooorrrr ANGER!
« on: January 18, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »

No me, I'm happy.....but SKY users on their forum!!! Wowsers.

Bro has been having problems with his video streaming, so I said I'd go round and give him a hand. We cabled from the router to the TV with some Cat5e, gig switch and connected his 4 devices - pukka!

While I was there, he wanted me to look at his bb dropping all the time.....turns out there were two issues. First was his cabling - there were literally cables stuffed everywhere into the master socket (REALLY old thing). Also, his SKY router was only 54g.

Router ordered, so that's cool.....just (naughty, I know) cut all the old cables away and replaced the socket with a new faceplate and backbox. Job done. Sorted out the crackling phone line and BB had remained solid as hell - full 16mb connection he had too.

Had a look at SKY forums - wow, SO many angry people!!!! I can't work out if they are just terrible or the people posting on the forums are complete and utter arseholes!!! SO rude to the staff, yet they remain very professional (of course).

I'd ban people that were like that - it's amazing how much abuse they actually get, it's a bit like a playground....once one starts, they all pile on!!!

Mad.

I'll stick with Plusnet I think. Had one issue, posted on the forum and it was fixed within a couple of hours!!

D_B

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Coooorrrr ANGER!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 09:10:34 PM »

Ive not looked at the forums...  and also Im probably not the best person to comment.   
My daughter is not having a good time with them, and if she were to comment she would probably be one of those screaming abuse.
I was supposed to be going round last week and help her attempt to get Plusnet to take over her phone line and connection, (she wanted me to do the talking with sky & PN)  but unfortunately I was ill on her day off, so we've still to arrange another day when we are both free.

My dads also given up talking to Sky re his 1.6 Mbps connection which has been stuck for months and should get about 7Mbps - until their DLM kicked in.  As he only uses it for mail and occasional surfing its not worth the hassle and grief speaking with them, as he doesnt notice speed.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker