Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ICANN Update Requires your Attention  (Read 6677 times)

BritBrat

• Kitizen
ICANN Update Requires your Attention
« on: December 21, 2013, 08:15:43 AM »

Just had this notification:

1. Beginning January 1st, 2014 valid WHOIS data will be required for all generic domain name (gTLD). We will need to ensure that all fields within the Registrant, Admin, and Tech contact fields are complete.

2. In addition to requiring complete WHOIS data, effective January 1st, 2014, ICANN mandates that the address, telephone, and email address, needs to be properly formatted.

■Validate that all email addresses are in the proper format.

■Validate that telephone numbers are in the proper format according to The International Public Telecommunication Numbering Plan for international telephone numbers (or its equivalents or successors).

■Validate that postal addresses are in a proper format for the applicable country or territory as defined in UPU Postal addressing.

myhosting.com

ICANN Changes Domain Validation Rules
ICANN (the governing body for top level domain names) have introduced changes to your domain registration agreement. This change will affect all domain name owners because the domain name contact details supplied will now require validation. This change will begin on 1st January 2014 when ICANN will enforce a new process of validating domain name contact details. Domain names with invalid contact details will be suspended with a status of “ClientHold” until these details have been updated and verified.

giraffedog.com

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:22:53 AM by BritBrat »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: ICANN Update Requires your Attention
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:54:16 AM »

Thanks for that warning. I've just checked mine, and they are all in order.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 12:40:31 PM »

I've also just checked mine, all seems in order except I use 000000 as the last 6 digits of the phone number as I dont give anyone our ex-directory number. The Tech contact is my hosting company with a full phone number so hopefully that will all be OK.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 12:45:29 PM »

Here we go again, well maybe.

I can't edit my address to be correct because the darn systems don't accept it or do not have enough address lines.

Hope I have done the  right thing, I have removed my phone number and replaced it with my 084 number, it still rings the same phone.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 04:45:30 PM »

1and1 do this anyway - and annoyingly keep populating the .me.uk domain I have. Every damn year I have to log into Nominet and opt that domain back out.