Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: tapatalk ?  (Read 13999 times)

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
tapatalk ?
« on: November 03, 2013, 11:45:13 PM »

Hi,
What is this tapatalk app that kitz is inviting me to install? Anybody tried it?
Cheers,
Peter

PS I should have explained that I am using my new android tablet and an advert appeared at the top of the page inviting me to use tapatalk to view the forum. The advert has now vanished.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:55:55 PM by geep »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: tapatalk ?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 12:02:37 AM »

Its a free app to read forums on mobile devices.
http://www.tapatalk.com/ 
You must have been reading the forum on a mobile device for tapatalk to ask if you wanted to install it.

It seems quite popular amongst a lot of people and I know quite a few forum members use it, which is why I installed it for the forums for them.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 12:08:24 AM »

Anybody tried it?

I think quite a lot of members use it  but possibly the best one to ask is Alec iirc he uses it all the time

...  he also nags me if its not working/if I have to upgrade it (jk)  :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »

I installed it on my Galaxy Note 2 smartphone and tbh I didn't feel there was any benefit from using Tapatalk instead of viewing Kitz website in my browser.
So I uninstalled it and just use my browser.  :)

Of course others might not agree(in fact I know one member that doesn't  ;)  ;D )

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 12:15:19 PM »

I think the smaller your screen the more it benefits. 
I have it installed on my ipad, but mostly use the browser, because theres some sort of bug for the ipad that wont clear the notification centre.

On a smaller screen such as a phone or if you are using mobile data rather than free wifi, then it comes into its own.
-----

ardsar

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 10:39:17 AM »

I can not seem to find this forum in tapatalk pro. I have tried searching for kitz, kitz.co.uk and have drawn a blank.

Im using tapatalk pro for android.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 06:24:18 PM »

This forum is forum.kitz.co.uk/ . . . I don't know if you would need to initially enter the correct URL.  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 07:37:33 PM »

I dont use tapatalk pro, just the normal tapatalk app for ipad

I can find it just by searching for 'kitz'

HTH
-----

ardsar

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 10:37:52 PM »

I can find it on my iPad but not on the android app.  Not to worry   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 12:25:19 AM »

ardsar:
I have recently installed it on an LG G3.

It does work well on a smaller screen compared to a tablet.

Search Google play for Tapatalk, install.
Browse to Kitz.co.uk in your browser of choice and on the phone/tablet you will get a prompt to open the page/site in Tapatalk.

This is how it works for me.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 10:39:36 AM »

Thanks Aardvark, I forgot about that way.

I know there is an update I need to do for tapatalk, but its a manual process and a bit of a PITA.  I'd also need to take the forum off-line so I'll try do it sometime this weekend.
-----

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 10:48:18 AM »

Hi kitz

Please could I ask if you would set tapatalk to default to last users post and not the first post in thread, if possible at the same time you do the update.

I hope you don't mind me asking and it's alright if you prefer not too

Many thanks

John

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 11:35:09 AM »

>> set tapatalk to default to last users post and not the first post in thread,

I certainly would if I could, but thats not something I seem to have any control over.   I must admit that since the last tapatalk update for mobile devices (not the forum update) I find it hard to navigate and read posts using tapatalk now.

I will have a look if there is anything new when Ive done the forum upgrade.
-----

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 12:34:00 PM »

Hi kitz

We use tapatalk v3.6.0 and it works lovely on our mobiles.

The test is clear, easy to read (given my old eyesight) but pics are small, although the pics can be clicked and zoomed in on to a degree.

Navigation has not been an issue, but is slightly confusing at first, until you get used to it, and know where or what to click.

I'd appreciate if you could set to last post, but as I said, it's not an issue if you cannot, it just needs a few more hand swipes to get to the end post.

Many thanks

John

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 08:08:02 PM »

I'd appreciate if you could set to last post, but as I said, it's not an issue if you cannot,

I really cant see where it gives me any option to do this.  Its not in any of the config options that I have control over.

Not sure when I can get around to doing the upgrade.   Tapatalk is the one plugin that has caused me far more issues than any other.  It doesnt play nice with SMF (who actually banned it because its so buggy) and why its not offered via the usual forum plugins.
I have to do everything manually and Ive never been lucky enough to do an upgrade in less than about 6 hrs, because it always seems to mess something up...  so I need to make sure I do have time to do it properly because it's usually a start at midnight, finish at 7am type of thing where I have to take the forum off-line completely.  One time it screwed something up and took me days to sort :(   

Theres no straight forward upgrade path and I have to remove the previous version before starting a fresh install.  I'm not trying to be funny, but it seriously has never been a quick thing to do..  I've even made notes for myself in this thread to help me remember each time what I need to do, because the instructions from Tapatalk themselves isn't correct :/

My biggest fear with doing a tapatalk upgrade is that things dont go smooth and it needs a lot of sorting out then I really dont have time atm* to mess with it.
I'll can give it a go, but it will have to be on the understanding that if it does screw with anything, then I will have to remove it completely.   

-----------
*My dad is very seriously ill and Im spending most of my time at a hospital which isnt local to home.  
-----
Pages: [1] 2 3

anything