Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: HG612 new firmware - Preliminary results.  (Read 205386 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: HG612 new firmware - Preliminary results.
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »

I would start by looking at this thread http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=13974.0

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2014, 09:00:32 PM »

Nope, I'm looking for the bash scripts and still coming up blind looking in that forum.  I'm guessing everyone uses Windows so they have dropped off into the ether somewhere.

Thanks for trying though.  I have PMed a certain cat about it anyway but I have a feeling I might have to figure out the changes myself, ugh.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:03:19 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2014, 09:08:06 PM »

Nope, I'm looking for the bash scripts and still coming up blind looking in that forum.  I'm guessing everyone uses Windows so they have dropped off into the ether somewhere.

Thanks for trying though.  I have PMed a certain cat about it anyway but I have a feeling I might have to figure out the changes myself, ugh.

Well DSLstats has linux installs http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14104.0

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2014, 10:30:41 PM »

Darn, that is seriously overkill for my needs. :(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:42:50 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #274 on: July 08, 2014, 03:11:19 PM »

I am now running the unlockedgui version with the bt agent and noticed that the ptm.1.301 TR069 agent is not there. It was also missing in the no-btagent version.  ???  Is this due to something that I have done or is it built into the 038 unlockedgui version.   I have done a resest and even gone back to the original 030 firmware which has it and confirmed that just upgrading to the unlockedgui version seems to get rid of it.  I assume it is not needed for the current update of the past week or so.

Did anyone notice whether they have/had the TR069 or not in the unlockedgui version, before they have/had the latest update in last week or so which seems to re locking some people out of the gui?

Sorry for the cross post with http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14166.msg265945#msg265945

stonetrap

• Just arrived
« Reply #275 on: July 14, 2014, 03:32:46 PM »

Firstly apologies if this is thread hijacking but I'm really rather stumped here.
Purchased a HG612 from that popular auction site, still locked. The stock firmware is B028SP06 and I just can't seem to get it unlocked and functioning with a gui.
I've successfully configured my ethernet to the static IP 192.168.1.100
Sucessfully loaded the install firmware page from the modem and tried both
bcm96368MVWG_fs_kernel_HG612V100R001C01B030SP06_unlockedgui-nobtagent
bcm96368MVWG_fs_kernel_HG612V100R001C01B030SP06_unlockedgui
The modem seems to flash the firmware fine, I received a page asking to wait a couple of minute.

Once the modem reboots I get nothing. I can't access 192.168.1.1 via browser or telnet. I get a stable power LED and the L2 led flashes with very little activity. Any ping to 192.168.1.1 is dropped on any port.
I feel as if I've missed something glaringly obvious but after leaving this for a couple of weeks and returning to it today I still can't see what I'm missing.
I've attempted hard resets (10 sec + ) and tried installing firmware again countless times.

I'll be using this modem with my Asus AC68U and EE (OrangeHome) Fibre.
I've been performing the flashing with it disconnected from the DSL port and the AC68U.

I'm happy to try whatever, I don't mind using TTYL if that will help but at the moment I'm hoping one of you kind souls will see what I've missed.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #276 on: July 14, 2014, 05:00:07 PM »

Maybe let the modem boot up & while it's still switched on, do the factory reset via the button on the rear.

That should set it to all default configuration (which includes the IP address of 192.168.1.1 & 'admin' for user & password.

Leave it a couple of minutes then power it off.

Then try flashing it as per the instructions.

That reset button can sometimes be hard to hold down for 10 seconds+

The reboot process CAN kid you though.

There is a fairly quick indication that the modem is rebooting, but wait a bit longer for another full reboot before trying to access it.

You do need to close & reopen your browser before trying to access the modem again after it has fully rebooted (I use IE 9 when flashing HG612 modems, but I imagine any browser should suffice).

Let us know how you get on.

shirts

« Reply #277 on: July 19, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »

Morning all,
I unlocked my HG612 with V100R001C01B030SP06 with no bt agent. It works well, however, I notice it doesn't report the DSL up time. Any thoughts ?

dk125uk

• Just arrived
« Reply #278 on: July 22, 2014, 12:27:07 AM »

has anyone found after flashing with bcm96368MVWG_fs_kernel_HG612V100R001C01B030SP06_unlockedgui-nobtagent
that using dslstats to tweak to snr applies and displays as applied under wan tab, but when running speed tests, torrent, or general downloading tests, the speed is the same as before tweak applied?

also, can someone tell me if this makes sense.....
had ee broadband and used td-w8970 for adsl2+, I got average sync of 17000 with 27.3db on fastpath. this is after bt corrected the wiring in the master socket and added a vdsl plate. then switched to talktalk, and average sync is 14000 at 30.1db on interleaved path. got profile changed to fastpath, and then averaged 13000 at 30.1? I gained speed with my last isp when profile changed to fastpath and it was stable. since being with talktalk, line is unstable at speeds I got before.
ive tried many different modems, and got lucky with getting a hg612 for a fiver. didn't think I could use it, but flashed the firmware and tweaked the snr and get my speed back with an snr at .1
but its roughly lasting 24 hours between resyncs. and I have a 2 megabit margin between attainable rate and line rate. where before I had virtually no difference with attainable and line rate with ee broadband. is this llu issue? or just a talktalk issue? im starting to think cheap isp's reduce speed on propose.

AdriHD

• I drank WHAT?
« Reply #279 on: July 25, 2014, 06:10:51 PM »

Did anyone notice whether they have/had the TR069 or not in the unlockedgui version, before they have/had the latest update in last week or so which seems to re locking some people out of the gui?

You do realise that you don't HAVE to have the TRO connection at all? I'm with TalkTalk so it might be different from MUX'd users.

All I did was delete the PTMx:301 (whatever x was at the stage) and that was that. Just be back up your config before trying that :D

Since dropping the TRO connection, my ping latency has shot UP from 33ms to 19ms :-/ Maybe I was just lucky with the route I got when I restarted the unit, but seems good to me.

Another disappointing thing is that bumping the 802.1p priority up to 7 didn't make any difference. Mind you, i'll be interesting to see if it does in the winter when everyone is indoors googling and surfing :D
Holy chatrooms batman! To the MODmobile!

JustAnother

« Reply #280 on: July 27, 2014, 10:33:54 AM »

Does anyone know if the latest firmware is capable of vectoring? I've been out of the loop for a bout a year, and I remember this being mentioned in my last investigation (I have read all of this thread now) - apparently BT was going to turn it on at some point?

For reference this is another successful flash of experimental gui no-btagent on a HG612 - might be worth moving the binaries out of the experimental directory.

No improvement in my upstream yet unfortunately.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2014, 04:08:07 PM »

As far as I am aware . . .
  • The original firmware image -- unlocked by Asbokid.
  • An upgraded firmware image -- unlocked by Howlingwolf.
  • A further upgraded firmware image -- yet to be unlocked.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

JustAnother

« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »

Cheers, will look forward to that then

Howlingwolf

• Reg Member
« Reply #283 on: July 30, 2014, 09:02:41 PM »

Sorry about the long absence. I've been rather busy. At the moment I'm up to my eyes in another project and I still have to migrate my BGW systems to BGW7.

What I will try to do this weekend is build an upgradeable firmware image and reflash my modem so I can at least capture the thing. Other than that I can't say when I'll be able to work on it.

I also need to rebuild the BTAgent image which someone recently mentioned doesn't have a ptm1.301 channel for it to communicate over.

One of the perils of copying and modifying patching scripts. I must have missed one of the changes and applied the wrong patch file to the config. Not something which would show up during 'normal' testing or operation.  :doh:

BTW: I was somewhat perplexed to discover that the US Government considers me to be a dangerous extremist. The reason? Since the demise of The H, I've been reading Linux Journal's kernel development articles...  :hmm:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2014, 11:03:12 PM »

I've been reading Linux Journal's kernel development articles

Ooh, definitely a dangerous extremist then. :silly:
  Eric
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

anything