Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are Plusnet slowing FTTC speeds to what BT Broadband Availability checker says  (Read 16529 times)

SE

• Reg Member

<snip>
he said the box was not fit and must be replaced, and he was reporting it
cant remember the number he marked it on the inside with as he put on a cover, but he said someone would return within a week, they never did and my wires are still left hanging out
<snip>

It probably was an A1024. An image of an example is attached, below.

[With thanks to Walter, for providing the original image from which that example was cropped.]

Yep spot on  ;)
My Wife, who's memory is better than mine, said it was a A1024 reporting a defective plant
The box had been visited by BTor a few times over the year to install phone lines to people down the road
and when there was no cover, they left it like that  ???

I've asked PN about the box, but they told me to call BTor and re report it
but I thought the isp should do it as the job was never completed  :baby:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:26:15 PM by SE »

SE

• Reg Member

Hi
Do you think asking them to set it higher than 50.2 Mb will do anything?

I keep the modem connected all the time, but have restated the router 2x to make lan setting stick
when trying to get the sync speed higher, should I turn off the router or the modem and router

If it's set just below your sync speed then no, think of it like a motorway. If you got cars going 50mph through roadworks, and all the cars before the roadworks are doing 70, then they are going to crash or come to a halt. Your line can't go any faster than it's sync speed, so it is point less PN sending the data any quicker, it will just get discarded.

My sync speed is 46.5, and my PN profile is 45.6, so it should be about a meg less.
KK thx for the info  :)
Pages: 1 [2]

anything