Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What a revelation !  (Read 2167 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
What a revelation !
« on: October 02, 2013, 04:11:05 PM »

Gentlefolk,

Now I wonder who could possibly have made that deduction after the fiasco with the PAC ?

http://tinyurl.com/o9ebcd5

Kind regards,
Walter

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: What a revelation !
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 04:35:37 PM »

:lol:
  Eric

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 04:45:35 PM »

Hi Walter

I was wondering if you'd missed the post I put up here ..... http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,12993.0.html ..... I was hoping for your response, above all others TBH ??. 

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 07:43:28 PM »

Sorry BS,

I'm not too interested in BT claptrap / propaganda. Once BT stop "passing houses" instead of entering them and once they give up the idea of "having access" to the total number of lines in the cabinet when none of the FTTC can get anywhere near the capacity of even one line per house. Perhaps BT realise that their VDSL implementation just can't provide a totally satisfactory solution for every house, whether the occupiers want to fork out for "free sport" or not.

At least one MEP has woken up to reality so maybe there's a tiny crumb of comfort there and possibly other "sheep" might learn to follow him.

http://tinyurl.com/nwedowe

Kind regards,
Walter

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 08:17:19 PM »

Ha ha ..... one man's propaganda is another man's ..... and all that.

Surely it's only fair for folk to see both sides of the 'Claptrap', and the truth is, nobody else can or is willing to fund the UK rural broadband project. The PAC (whilst useful in many other missions), have failed dramatically with their accusations in this instance. Due, in no small part to the info gleaned.

Read the statement from Liv again, Walter, they are truths not 'spin'. Nobody else wants to touch BDUK with a bargepole, as it's far from a great business model. Fact.

Regards

BS

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 03:41:48 PM »

@ BS

My opinion is that nobody else want's to touch the PSTN with the "wrong technology" and "One of the worst decisions mankind has made"; even if they did you know who would stop them dead.

Kind regards,
Walter

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 05:43:07 PM »

Then, if your thoughts are correct, what the heck are they doing, putting in initial bids before dropping out when it comes down to having to invest some of their own money into BDUK ??? That just seems like a total waste of everybody's time, theirs included ??

I'm afraid (in my opinion), the reality of the situation is exactly as Liv has stated. No bullying, no intended monopoly ............ just pure and simple facts.