Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: O2 outsources mobile phone support to C(r)apita  (Read 6915 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
Re: O2 outsources mobile phone support to C(r)apita
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 11:42:10 AM »

I like that Rizla !!!

Perhaps we should also invent contact reflection or contact double-bouncing for the hapless EU trying to terminate say a TT contract !!!!

Kind regards,
Walter

smurfuk

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 09:13:12 AM »

I know the real world is too boring for most of us, but waddya expect when we demand capital investment to meet our gadget thirst, ever decreasing real prices and moan whatever? Capita etc. deliver for their clients on the bottom line, and without that there's no business, whatever high falutin' ideals we might have. The complainers are a minority in any business, something we always choose to forget. And making the best of what you have isn't a sin, yet.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:27:34 AM by smurfuk »

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 07:47:48 PM »

Yes Crapita do deliver for their clients - they cut costs. Take Leicester Royal Infirmary where Crapita took over payroll as an example. 300-400 staff received no pay at all between Feb-May one year (2010 IIRC - easy to google it).

Delivered for clients all right, not for the poor sods on the end of the incompetence though - not until they took it to the media.

* rizla is normally free-market but govt spending is very far from that, in fact I think most of the outsourcing is so crap it actually costs us money

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 12:14:15 AM »

i see C(r)apita are now doing the governments PIP (Personal Independent Payments) claims which replaces DLA (Disability Living Allowance) - now you must attend a face-to-face "interview" to claim, I guess it will be just like ATOS with their 'medicals' for ESA (Employment & Support Allowance) - a complete and utter 'cull' (whether severely ill, disabled or not...refused benefits and sent to jobcentre) - as companies like ATOS and Capita are all feeding the government with donations and in return getting multi-million pound contracts like these (with hidden agendas such as the 12% only in 'ESA Support Group' and 6 Benefit Sanctions per month per advisor at Jobcentre)
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 08:38:49 AM »

The ATOS thing is just plain wrong.   There's been enough media coverage, but atos is paid something like £700 for each interview the conduct.   

What is wrong is that the interviewer gets a £75 bonus for each individual strike off the system.  Stupidly according to the media, the vast majority that appeal and take it to tribunal win their case.  This is causing a huge strain on public and local resources as its them that have to foot the bill for the tribunal and local resources such as welfare rights an the CAB are inundated.  Not to mention the extra workload that this may cause the DHS.

My GP used to be one of the doctors that conducted the DWP interviews prior to ATOS..  Obviously I don't know for sure, but its a pretty good bet that he didn't get paid £700.  Yet now the situation is that these interviews are carried out by people who aren't even medically qualified and more focused on targets and getting their £75 strike off payment.   

One of my daughters friends went for an ATOS interview and the woman didn't even know what Asperger's syndrome (AD) was.   Now surely even if not medically qualified she should at least have looked up before the interview!

I know there has to be a way of getting fraudsters off the benefit system, but the way ATOS are doing it, seems to be causing a lot of distress by striking off genuinely ill people.... All the current system seems to be doing is lining Atos pockets and causing a heck of a lot of work for the appeals and tribunal process.   The headline figures seem to be all about how many have had their benefits slashed..  And nothing about how much it is really costing to do this.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 11:41:51 PM »

The ATOS thing is just plain wrong.   There's been enough media coverage, but atos is paid something like £700 for each interview the conduct.   

What is wrong is that the interviewer gets a £75 bonus for each individual strike off the system.  Stupidly according to the media, the vast majority that appeal and take it to tribunal win their case.  This is causing a huge strain on public and local resources as its them that have to foot the bill for the tribunal and local resources such as welfare rights an the CAB are inundated.  Not to mention the extra workload that this may cause the DHS.

My GP used to be one of the doctors that conducted the DWP interviews prior to ATOS..  Obviously I don't know for sure, but its a pretty good bet that he didn't get paid £700.  Yet now the situation is that these interviews are carried out by people who aren't even medically qualified and more focused on targets and getting their £75 strike off payment.   

One of my daughters friends went for an ATOS interview and the woman didn't even know what Asperger's syndrome (AD) was.   Now surely even if not medically qualified she should at least have looked up before the interview!

I know there has to be a way of getting fraudsters off the benefit system, but the way ATOS are doing it, seems to be causing a lot of distress by striking off genuinely ill people.... All the current system seems to be doing is lining Atos pockets and causing a heck of a lot of work for the appeals and tribunal process.   The headline figures seem to be all about how many have had their benefits slashed..  And nothing about how much it is really costing to do this.

it certainly is... I have been affected myself and keep up to date with whats going on via several groups, they are called "Health Care Professionals" (HCP's) and can be anything from a Physio, Nurse to GP ...anyone with any medical background is given some basic training and told only 12% in Support Group or else!! and thats passed on from DWP!! ive seen countless 'seriously ill' having benefits stopped, there have been many thousands of cases of sick people dying shortly after having benefits stopped too, one that was on TV was some bloke dying with cancer, his last words to his wife in hospital were "good job im fit for work isnt it?" and he passed away!!  another had 1 arm and the HCP asked if he thought the other would grow back within 2 years!!! he had benefits stopped and was sent on a gardening course and handed a spade (not making this up!)

it scares a lot of seriously ill people from actually applying knowing they have to go through it all, and thats what the government want!(made to feel like a liar & cheat, be scrutinized then suffer benefits withdrawn and have to appeal/tribunal it all which can take 12 months now due to back log)
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 07:30:35 AM »

Somewhat predictably (still amusing though) Crapita have had a tremendous response from O2 staff wanting voluntary redundancy. They have in fact got so many people applying that they won't have to worry about reducing headcount; they'll probably have to recruit just to keep the callcentres open  :lol:

Of course having your pay cut from £10/hour to £6.85/hour and your holiday allowance/sick pay cut* wouldn't have any bearing at all on that, would it?  ::)

I don't hope many companies go totally bust but Crapita is pretty near the top of the list of the ones I do.

* Crapita legally have to pay the O2 staff the same as they get now for a period of 2 years, but anyone with half a brain knows what is going to happen to £10/hour staff - toilet breaks; questioned about any sickness; not paid until they are at their desk; there's thousands of ways of harassing them and Crapita know them all......
Pages: 1 [2]