Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Be -> Sky customers to retain static IPs and use own routers  (Read 8670 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
Re: Be -> Sky customers to retain static IPs and use own routers
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 11:08:59 PM »

The issue was that on exchanges that had congestion on the back haul network Be would contact users who used over 150GB over the course of a month to get them to try and use less data. Over a period of twelve months 224 emails were sent out to people breaching the fair use policy and this is out of a customer base of 68,000 users.

This ruling is interesting as moderate restrictions were allowed on services sold as unlimited and this was only carved into a stone tablet back in 2012. This set of rules has led to the two tier system where unlimited products often have a FUP, but totally unlimited products are more in line with the public perception of unlimited. Maybe the ASA is leaning towards helping the consumer in 2013.

The Be products are still listed as unlimited, so we presume with the purchase by BSkyB and other changes that the product has changed so that they can continue to use unlimited as a key sales point on the product pages.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5870-be-un-limited-held-to-task-over-unlimited-claims.html

BE have always had a FUP but were proud to be the only ISP to never have invoked it
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 01:28:50 AM »

email from Be/Sky

As a BE member, we’d like to invite you to take part in a survey about your experience

/snip/

We’d love you to take part in this research, which should take around 15 minutes of your time.

hmmmm it took me 35 mins...  not that I expect them to take much notice of what I put :/

Persistent g*ts arent they.   
Im pretty damn sure I ticked the no contact marketing box....  but my mobile was receiving several calls today from 02920445100. 

Take the hint if I dont answer then Im busy because Ive been in meetings/class/various other places all day and couldnt take the call.   I ended up turning my phone completely off.  :mad:

All they really wanted me to do was sign up with Sky now and move from o2. (wth!)   When I was able to take the call later this evening then I guess I told them nothing new and they wont take much notice.   

What is interesting to note is when I did explain I was with Be - not O2 - She said that those "Bee Eee" customers she had spoken to all said similar to me.     Be users most likely went with Be for a reason - I dont think Sky get it.  :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 08:22:02 AM »

Why do you not like Sky broarband?

i  have now been using it for a few years and never a problem.

"finds piece of wood"

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 10:12:32 AM »

but my mobile was receiving several calls today from 02920445100.
Me too, I'm getting very fed up with it. Don't bother answering as any message re Sky "not getting it" will be wasted on these callers.  :lol:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 11:44:36 AM »

You know what has just dawned on me.  They were calling my mobile not my landline.   I never gave sky my mobile number when filling in that form.

Therefore they must have got the details from my Be account details.   

I've just gone and checked my prefs in my Be setting and sure enough there under the "We know you are busy people and therefore we won't contact you blub"....   I have everything unchecked for my mobile no ... except for SMS alerts regarding support messages.

-----

And WTH... I was half way through typing this I had a very important phone call on my landline and as I was speaking to them my mobile rang from the above 0800 number.  I couldn't take it obviously but if they do ring again they are damn well going to get a kitz roar  :angry:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 07:49:18 PM »

Latest news on this

Sky are looking to recreate BE on their own network as a premium service based on their top notch Fibre Unlimited Pro service (80/20 FTTC to the likes of you and me). Their vision includes continuing to support you with “the Bulgarians”, building Single Static IP capability into their network (sorry you multiple-types, but you can’t have everything I’m afraid) and providing you with the sort of customisation you currently enjoy on the BE network. They plan to make this new service exclusively available to Members first.

Nothing much new other than saying they will do it as a premium service, hinting to perhaps get your wallet out :/

More info
http://blog.bethere.co.uk/2013/08/news-from-sky.html
-----

ColinS

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 10:44:03 PM »

Nothing much new

Nothing to see here ... please move along ....

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 10:48:39 PM »

Lets see what they say on Tuesday 20th Aug in the Be Forums.  ;)
Kate Hobbs and a few people from Sky will be back on the forum to answer your questions, including about this week’s update. We’ll use the same ‘Talk to Sky’ room and format as last time, and start with some of the questions that you’ve already posted – so we might do a bit of thread clean-up ahead of that.
Pages: 1 [2]