Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: DSLstats v3.0 released (previously rs-ux/rs-w)  (Read 18630 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats v3.0 released (previously rs-ux/rs-w)
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »

Thanks for your comments, snadge.

At moment the only thing that doesn't work (that you haven't addressed) is the snr & QLN graphs won't save in expanded mode, I don't use expanded mode so not so bothered....

I will come back to this, but at present I can't reproduce it - those graphs save normally in either mode when I try them.
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2013, 12:08:50 AM »

Thanks for your comments, snadge.

At moment the only thing that doesn't work (that you haven't addressed) is the snr & QLN graphs won't save in expanded mode, I don't use expanded mode so not so bothered....

I will come back to this, but at present I can't reproduce it - those graphs save normally in either mode when I try them.

it saves files with the names but they are 0kb in size and cant be opened - if you have yours in 'list view' then check them and see if the open or of a proper size.

edit:  ok ive re-checked and when expanded it either saves just the bit that you can see (not the whole thing) or it fails with 0kb files, I just done some now and the HLOG one has nothing in it - also ive noticed that sometimes the HLOG and QLN graphs save as 0kb files even when not 'expanded'  and ive also had 1 SNR one save like that too...

see attachments, first one is the HLOG expanded ive just got by closing the program (save on exit) as you can see there is nothing in the graph, and the rest are the 0kb files (not expanded)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:11:00 AM by snadge »
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2013, 01:45:51 AM »

...just to further add to my above post....

...does DSLstats use or modify anything to do with COM Surrogate or rpcrt4.dll ...?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2013, 07:42:47 AM »

it saves files with the names but they are 0kb in size and cant be opened - if you have yours in 'list view' then check them and see if the open or of a proper size.

edit:  ok ive re-checked and when expanded it either saves just the bit that you can see (not the whole thing) or it fails with 0kb files, I just done some now and the HLOG one has nothing in it - also ive noticed that sometimes the HLOG and QLN graphs save as 0kb files even when not 'expanded'  and ive also had 1 SNR one save like that too...

see attachments, first one is the HLOG expanded ive just got by closing the program (save on exit) as you can see there is nothing in the graph, and the rest are the 0kb files (not expanded)

I've just checked again, and the graphs are saved properly when I click the "Take snapshot" button, or when I set them to autosave, whether they are expanded or not. What I haven't checked (yet) is whether they always save correctly when set to autosave on exit. It's possible that your problem only affects the Windows version (I develop on Linux) and that's something else I have to check.

When the graphs are in expanded form, the snapshots only include the visible portion. I could in principle make them include the whole thing, but it would actually be rather complicated, and in the case of VDSL2 it would result in rather large images. I could put this on the todo list, but I can't promise to get around to it very soon.

Concerning the HLog graph which you saved on exit, did you enable the HLog graph just for testing purposes and then exit immediately? If so, this would explain its lack of content - nothing appears on the graph until the next sample after it's been enabled. The same will apply to the QLN and SNR graphs.

..just to further add to my above post....

...does DSLstats use or modify anything to do with COM Surrogate or rpcrt4.dll ...?

I'm afraid I don't even understand the question. I use a cross-platform high-level development system (Lazarus), do all the development on a Linux 64-bit machine, then build it for the various platforms. I don't get involved in the low-level implementation details. The information is certainly available in the Lazarus source, but wouldn't begin to know where to look.
  Eric

rhohne

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2013, 09:49:10 AM »

I only take occasional snapshots on the windows version and haven't seen any problems.

The only comment I would make is that ideally the snapshot names could do with including the seconds in the name, otherwise you've got to wait a minute between consecutive snapshots.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2013, 10:00:53 AM »

The only comment I would make is that ideally the snapshot names could do with including the seconds in the name, otherwise you've got to wait a minute between consecutive snapshots.

Yes, I think you're right. The filenames used to include seconds several versions ago, but I left off the seconds after a discussion on the subject at the time. On reflection that probably wasn't the best decision, and I'll put the seconds back in. I'm just about to release v3.2, so this will have to wait until v3.3.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2013, 10:12:24 AM »

Eric I just found the new version and it's up and running  ;)

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »

That was quick, Stuart. :)
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »

It's definitely got stuff in the graph when saving, for me the snapshot button doesn't save images into the folder I have specified? When I click take snapshot nothing happens??  Can anyone else replicate this in windows 7 64bit?

The question about com surrogate was cos I've been having more problems and this com surrogate stopped working when I tried to browse a folder on my phone After I had to reinstall the driver again...  I only started having these problems the very second I ran this new version of dslstats , it's lookin like I'm gunna have to format n reinstall windows because I think multiple problems have occurred as a consequence.

So you use lizards to generate a windows version but don't test it because you use Linux? Is this right?

If I reinstall then I will create a back up image before using dslstats again alongside avast is... Again just to see if I can replicate the problem

Sent from my Sony Xperia Miro on Tapatalk

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2013, 11:02:20 AM »

So you use lizards to generate a windows version but don't test it because you use Linux? Is this right?

I use Lazarus on a Linux machine to develop the program. Then I transfer the source to a WinXP machine which also has Lazarus installed, to build the Windows version. I do some testing on the WinXP machine to make sure that the program runs and the main features work, but it doesn't get as much detailed testing as I do on the Linux development machine.
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]