Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: rs-ux and rs-w v2.91 released  (Read 23289 times)

xreyuk

• Reg Member
Re: rs-ux and rs-w v2.91 released
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »

http://pastebin.com/BYDR4AqP

There is my .ini file with all passwords removed.

It seems to do it after a certain while. It doesn't close the program, but it stops the program from working. Once I acknowledge the access violation, I can then stop and restart the monitoring.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 10:57:17 PM »

Thanks, I've got it. There doesn't appear to be anything in your configuration which is unusual, which could explain the problem.

Is there anything in the event log after one of these access violations?  If the event log isn't currently enabled it will still be logging events, and you can enable it in the Misc section of the Configuration tab.
  Eric

c6em

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 08:17:09 PM »

Actually something on the long term do do list would be storing telnet login passwords in scrambled form within the ini file rather than in plain text.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:50:30 PM by c6em »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 10:47:02 PM »

Yes, I really should have done that earlier. It's on the list now.
  Eric

xreyuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 12:07:10 AM »

Thanks, I've got it. There doesn't appear to be anything in your configuration which is unusual, which could explain the problem.

Is there anything in the event log after one of these access violations?  If the event log isn't currently enabled it will still be logging events, and you can enable it in the Misc section of the Configuration tab.

I'll take a look at this one and get back to you :)

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »

I wondered if the tweaks could be made possible on a finer scale than every 0.5  - e.g. 0.1 or 0.25. When I do a tweak I like to set at exactly the speed which I know is as fast as it can be whilst being reliable.   If it is any trouble it is probably not worth the bother. 

Thanks for everything so far -- 2.91 is running very reliably.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 03:24:35 PM »

I wondered if the tweaks could be made possible on a finer scale than every 0.5  - e.g. 0.1 or 0.25.

I'm sure that's possible, and I'll have a look at it. Of course, you know that the dB values are only approximations.
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 04:45:26 PM »

I would like to add that the values set aren't exact as Eric says, but when I used to enter the values manually I Could get in between full decimal places, I used to use value of 1-100 which used to give a 'rough' percentage, but after a few trys you learned what values got noise margins... My target noise margin was 7db and a value of 35 would give me 3db...

Sent from my Sony Xperia Miro on Tapatalk

Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 06:45:10 PM »

My target noise margin was 7db and a value of 35 would give me 3db

If you look at the graph here: http://wiki.kitz.co.uk/index.php?title=Broadcom_CLI#adsl_command  you'll see that a value of 35 corresponds with a dB change of -4 dB, which matches up with your practical finding.
  Eric

ColinS

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 08:55:42 PM »

Hi Eric,

I'm sorry to report that I have a weirdo affecting 2.9.1 at which the finger points strongly at the new HG612 Blob.  :(

Since switching to the new blob today, as you will see from the two snapshots attached, apparently it is bitswapping at a rate of up to 10/min, but no tone bins are affected!  :hmm:  ???

What info would you like me to collect for you. Perhaps it's reporting (or even not reporting) things in a different format or something? :-\

Not really an issue, just something I noticed simply because I wanted to see what the new blob was up to!

Regards, Colin

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 10:53:32 PM »

Colin, the swaps per minute data comes from the line in the Connection stats data which says Bitswap: dddd  uuuu - the figures increment continuously, and your first graph shows normal-looking values.

The data for the other graph comes from the Bitloading data - I use the changing bit allocations for each tone to sum up the number of bitswaps which that tone has been subject to. If the Bitloading graph changes but the Bitswap graph doesn't display anything, then there's something amiss.

Can you confirm that that bitloading values are changing?
  Eric

ColinS

• Reg Member
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 12:01:35 AM »

Colin, the swaps per minute data comes from the line in the Connection stats data which says Bitswap: dddd  uuuu - the figures increment continuously, and your first graph shows normal-looking values.

The data for the other graph comes from the Bitloading data - I use the changing bit allocations for each tone to sum up the number of bitswaps which that tone has been subject to. If the Bitloading graph changes but the Bitswap graph doesn't display anything, then there's something amiss.

Can you confirm that that bitloading values are changing?

God, it must be getting late in the evening, or I'm just not seeing it.  Sorry! :(.

Ok, so the bitswap count increases on each sample, e.g. 1min, and from that you calculate the delta from the previous as the rate/min?  Am I just missing something, or am I just dumb (don't answer that!  ;)) - if bitswaps have occured, i.e. there is a delta, then is it likely that the bitloadings would be identical between samples?

ATM I don't think this is your program, I think it's the HG622 HG612 with the new blob.  Could it be that, as you are suggesting, the bitloadings are only being captured at sync e.g. like the QLN & Hlog, and therefore are not changing between samples even though in reality they must be?  ??? I should be able to get the bitloadings from Paul's raw data stats file to see if they change or not. Watch this space ... I'll get back to you.

[EDIT] ok, well that seems to be it.  I edited out the bitloadings from the Plink files that Paul captured on the resynch at 17:57 this evening, and at the scheduled capture at 22:00.
F:\HG612\HG612_Modem_Stats\Current_Stats\Current_Stats_20130501-2200-SCHEDULED>
fc resynch.txt sched.txt
Comparing files resynch.txt and SCHED.TXT
FC: no differences encountered

The corresponding bitswap counts at those times were:
Bitswap:   2      0
Bitswap:   370      826

That's for all 4095 tones!!! Oh, and  :-[ BTW when I said HG622, I really meant HG612 with the new blob!  :( Sorry!  I had swapped out the 612 for the 622 earlier today, but I was having some difficulties with Paul's stats on the 622, so decided to flash the new blob onto the 612 instead and use that.

So, not the 622, but the 612 with the new blob.  But it seems that the new blob doesn't record bitloadings changes between syncs.  Has anybody else seen this, or am I just  :silly: (don't answer that either!  ;))
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:30:26 AM by ColinS »

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 12:38:48 AM »

You're exactly right, Colin.  The newer blob in the HG612 does not update the Bit Loading array during showtime.   Whether for efficiency reasons, or whatever, I don't know  :o

cheers, a

ColinS

• Reg Member
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 01:02:30 AM »

Well it's all to the credit of Eric & Paul that these things can be made immediately obvious (well, almost) to even dummies like me! :baby:

You're exactly right, Colin.  The newer blob in the HG612 does not update the Bit Loading array during showtime.   Whether for efficiency reasons, or whatever, I don't know

Just so's I can get ahead of the curve next time ... I presume the HG622 will be the same in this respect?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 01:07:02 AM by ColinS »

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 03:37:15 AM »

I had an issue with Bit Swap per minute graph not continuing to be logged after a loss of sync..? all other graphs were logged and captured

e.g.

SNRM: (working before and after LOS)

Bit-Swaps-Per-Minute: (dead after LOS)

also, i think it would be great if the app can save screenshot captures into folders for each day... I can imagine it getting pretty messy in there after even a few days of logging - I intend to leave this running for a bit so will have to do some manual house-keeping hehe
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6