Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: rs-ux and rs-w v2.9 released  (Read 6887 times)

krypton

• Reg Member
Re: rs-ux and rs-w v2.9 released
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 06:18:07 PM »

Yes, I suppose it would. The reason I didn't do so was that FECs tend to have a far wider range of values than CRCs, so the option of a logarithmic scale was useful for FECs but not for CRCs. Perhaps the simplest and most practical arrangement would be to make both of them logarithmic.

I think it's alright to have the choice between linear and logarithmic.
The reason I had this suggestion was a burst of thousands of crc errors and because there is no option to disable clipping it cuts off the graph.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 06:34:56 PM »

Oh I see, thanks. I've been thinking about this option in respect of CRCs. The issue that's bothering me is that a log scale can't have zero on it. This isn't a problem with FECs because on an interleaved connection the FEC values are quite high. In log mode, when a sample with a zero value comes along I quietly convert it to 1. Because the values of CRCs are normally much lower this strategy won't work. Perhaps a minimum value of 0.1 for the CRC graph in log mode would be OK.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 10:10:15 PM »

Thank you very much eric for adding the TG582n to the working routers. :thumbs:

I can confirm that an earlier test version has been running fine here on an Annex_M connection for the past 5-6 days.
My line is fairly static though with little errors and I dont seem to have run into any problems yet.

However, this afternoon Zoe jumped up on top of the PC and hit the off switch - causing a loss of all data which unless Im missing something I cant recover.   Therefore it would be useful if there was some sort of a .dat file which could perhaps be used in the event of power offs/ power cuts etc.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »

Therefore it would be useful if there was some sort of a .dat file which could perhaps be used in the event of power offs/ power cuts etc.

I guess I could automatically back up all the graphical and other data periodically and provide a means of restoring it, but it would add quite a bit of complexity to the program and would need a lot of thinking about. I'll put it on the todo list but I don't promise to have it working very soon.

In the meantime there's already the option to take periodic automatic snapshots of any or all of the graphs, which will at least keep a graphical record of everything that's happened.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 04:42:17 PM »

Thankyou
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything