Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Installing Netgear DG834G Firmware Under Linux ?.  (Read 3115 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Installing Netgear DG834G Firmware Under Linux ?.
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:58:32 PM »

I have had two Free  :) Netgear DG834G off freecycle and I wanted to flash them with the DG Team firmware but I have noticed they say install in from a windows machine  :( can it be done from a Linux machine and how.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

les-70

• Kitizen
Re: Installing Netgear DG834G Firmware Under Linux ?.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 02:26:07 PM »

Installation using a browser and the web gui may work but it is not that reliable with DGTeam firmware. The TFTP approach should be fine.  See the link on
 http://www.dgteam-mirror.talktalk.net/Home.html.  Good luck.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 02:35:09 PM »

I've used nftp a number of times for this purpose. At one point I had to modify the source code of nftp and rebuild it, but that was a lot easier than you might expect. I don't remember the details unfortunately.
  Eric

Mick

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 06:19:08 PM »

Hmm ... I can't remember how long ago this happened, but I was able to flash the firmware with firefox running on a Linux machine and nothing untoward came of it.  Actually, I am surprised that the OS of the PC is in any way of relevance.
Regards,
Mick