Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Dual master NTE5 ?  (Read 3708 times)

andygodber

• Just arrived
  • Today, I have been mostly lurking.
Dual master NTE5 ?
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:53:34 PM »

Anyone know if such a beast as a dual master NTE5 socket exists?
Ive currently got a dual master with two lines from different ISPs, with microfilters dangling out.
Want to move to faceplates with built in filters, but am thinking if no dual NTE5, I will have to make it two single masters.
Today, I have been mostly lurking.

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
Re: Dual master NTE5 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 10:56:46 PM »

There is always a modular "euro" master socket

Maybe a couple of these (includes Capacitor/Resistor/Lightning Protector):

and

one of these dual quad module face plates?

See: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Wiring_Accessories_Menu_Index/Computer_RJ45_Mod_1/

cheers, a

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read properly. You want to abolish the dangly filters. Hmm... Perhaps a little DIY with the filters hidden in the back box, and two RJ11 sockets, one either side of each 'master' socket, and all tucked into a 4 gang modular face plate?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:22:39 PM by asbokid »

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:53:36 AM »

Two single masters would be the way I'd go - it'll help prevent "what the hell is this?" moments in the future if any future work is required.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 01:07:32 PM »

Yes, if I'm reading your post correctly, we've used dual-masters for years, mainly in business premises for obvious reasons. They are called NTE4/1A.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 03:01:17 PM »

Yes, if I'm reading your post correctly, we've used dual-masters for years, mainly in business premises for obvious reasons. They are called NTE4/1A.

Those are filtered dual faceplates yes? If so then thanks as I've been told for years by BTO that such a thing doesn't exist.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 03:11:13 PM »

No, just the bog-standard dual front plate. I've just read the OP's issue again, and I can see this is not what he's after, Ignore me and i'll go away.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 03:50:27 PM »

No, just the bog-standard dual front plate. I've just read the OP's issue again, and I can see this is not what he's after, Ignore me and i'll go away.

I can understand why the technical bods at BT think there's no demand for it as the "ADSL output" from an ADSL v1.0 master plate is unfiltered anyway so they probably think what's the problem?

In a small/medium office environment people will put phones, splitters and such like into anything that looks like a phone socket. Doesn't matter what you say they will still do it and those businesses can't afford to have dedicated IT people onsite to diagnose this sort of stuff.

Its a major PITA in real life :)

anything