Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: rs-ux and rs-w v2.7 released  (Read 16311 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: rs-ux and rs-w v2.7 released
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 04:46:48 PM »

Yes, I'll put that on the todo list, after I've fixed a couple of irritating bugs. :)
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2013, 10:59:53 PM »

Eric we have lift off...  here is the debug info from a failure while running minimised....
Let me know if you need more...

Stuart

Using your rsux.ini on my 'other' machine I've managed to reproduce the bug. It seems to be system dependent, as I can't reproduce it on my main machine. With the help of your debug information I've found where the error occurs and fixed it properly (I hope). It was in the code that handled automatic snapshots. I've got the fixed version running on my other machine, with your rsux.ini and minimised, and after several hours the error hasn't occurred, whereas previously it would happen on the first autosave, one hour after starting. I'm going to do some more testing, but it's looking hopeful.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 08:43:13 AM »

Eric that's good news. If you would like me to test it as well I am quite happy to do so since the problem always happened to me.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2013, 09:56:07 AM »

Thanks Stuart, I'll upload a test version for you later today.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 06:43:02 PM »

Stuart, I've uploaded a test version for you to try. It's a debug version, but don't run it with gdb initially at least, because gdb will probably throw up false positives (exceptions which are handled and don't affect program operation).

http://s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/files/rs-ux32-2.72-debug.tar.gz
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2013, 10:39:17 PM »

Eric I'll run it in the morning now as the pc will be shut down soon.

Stuart

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2013, 08:16:51 AM »

It's running minimised now so we will see if anything happens.

A couple of observations.

My DSL uptime has stopped incrementing after 49 days 17 hours 2 minutes and 46 seconds but the system uptime is still going at 59 days plus. I suspect this is a function of the data from my HG622 but wondered if anyone else is seeing this?

My other observation is that I notice it is problematic restoring the program from the systray. Right click and restore gets it back and immediately disappears back to the systray, but a single left click on the systray icon restores it OK.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 08:42:02 AM »

My DSL uptime has stopped incrementing after 49 days 17 hours 2 minutes and 46 seconds but the system uptime is still going at 59 days plus. I suspect this is a function of the data from my HG622 but wondered if anyone else is seeing this?

You can see the source of this data right at the end of the "Connection stats" section of the Telnet data - the line starting "Since link time". I just copy the time shown there directly.

My other observation is that I notice it is problematic restoring the program from the systray. Right click and restore gets it back and immediately disappears back to the systray, but a single left click on the systray icon restores it OK.

That's odd, I haven't seen this behaviour. Did it work properly previously?
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 08:48:34 AM »

That's odd, I haven't seen this behaviour. Did it work properly previously?

Well I think its always done this but because of the crash I did not minimise much.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 10:30:46 AM »

My DSL uptime has stopped incrementing after 49 days 17 hours 2 minutes and 46 seconds

Just out of curiosity I got my calculator out, and it works out that this time is equal to 4294966000 milliseconds, a number which is very close to 2^32 (4294967296). So it's pretty clear that the router firmware stores this value in a 4-byte integer and it can't go any higher.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 11:18:44 AM »

My DSL uptime has stopped incrementing after 49 days 17 hours 2 minutes and 46 seconds

Just out of curiosity I got my calculator out, and it works out that this time is equal to 4294966000 milliseconds, a number which is very close to 2^32 (4294967296). So it's pretty clear that the router firmware stores this value in a 4-byte integer and it can't go any higher.

Maybe I should re-sync  ;)

Stuart

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 07:54:51 AM »

Eric this morning when I started rsux I got this error on start up:-

Code: [Select]
"<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">" is an invalid float.
Second time of starting it did not happen.

Stuart

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 08:23:31 AM »

Eric I just got my calculator out and used the AS value on my HG622, this comes out about right for the time since DSL re-sync, so for the HG622 at least the AS value seems fine to DSL uptime. I suspect that the AS value may stop around 97 days assuming a 4 byte signed counter.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 08:29:25 AM »

Eric this morning when I started rsux I got this error on start up:-

Code: [Select]
"<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">" is an invalid float.
Second time of starting it did not happen.

Stuart

I've no idea where that came from. Rs-ux/w accesses the rsux website in a couple of places, but the headers on the rsux web pages are W3C referenced, not IETF. Unless it happens again, I really can't see where to look for this one.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 08:39:27 AM »

Eric I just got my calculator out and used the AS value on my HG622, this comes out about right for the time since DSL re-sync, so for the HG622 at least the AS value seems fine to DSL uptime. I suspect that the AS value may stop around 97 days assuming a 4 byte signed counter.

Stuart

Yes, I agree with that, but unfortunately the AS value isn't consistent between different types of router. As I've been typing it's occurred to me that one way to handle this would be to retain the present system until the time gets up to 49 days 17 hours 2 minutes and 46 seconds (or thereabouts), and then switch over to displaying the AS value.
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

anything