Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Problem with Initial setup of HG612 Modem stats  (Read 2328 times)

CWatters

• Just arrived
Problem with Initial setup of HG612 Modem stats
« on: October 07, 2015, 11:03:18 AM »

I thought I'd downloaded and set up HG612 Modem stats ok but I'm not getting any stats from the modem. (The Connection Stats table in the viewer just has a lot of N/A.)

When I set up the scheduled task it prompted me for a user name and password. Is that meant to be the  modem admin user name and password? or my Windows login details? I tried both but they were rejected. Something about ID not linked ? I tried again without a password and it accepted it and the scheduled task button is now green. Perhaps that's the issue? How do I delete the scheduled task and try again?

Everything is in the default C:\HG612_Modem_Stats

It's a Billion 8800NL so I changed Settings -> Modem settings -> Modem type to Billion BiPac 8800NL from the drop down menu. Otherwise no changes to the settings.

The modem IP address appears to be correct.

Any ideas? Is there a log file I can post here that might help? Thanks.

Ronski

• Kitizen
Re: Problem with Initial setup of HG612 Modem stats
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 05:10:14 PM »

Currently typing this on a train on my phone.... You can delete the task from the task menu. The username and password entered when setting up the task is your Windows username and password. On the modem tab you need to make sure the IP address is correct and maybe enter the username and password for the modem.

Depending on which version of windows your running you may need to manually run the exe programs in the script folder and tell Windows/AV it's OK to run them in future.

The three you need to run manually are Hg612 Run, HG612 Stats and HG612 Current Stats.

Hope that helps.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

CWatters

• Just arrived
Re: Problem with Initial setup of HG612 Modem stats
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 12:02:37 AM »

Many thanks for that. Looks like it's working fine now.

anything