Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Reading emails on IPOD  (Read 5337 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Reading emails on IPOD
« on: January 06, 2013, 04:54:39 PM »

The beloved often reads her emails on her IPOD rather than our desktop. Some, including ones which I receive for her and move/ forward to her, she cannot read. The header details come out quite big, but the message minuscule and thus unreadable.

Illustrious colleagues! Have you any ideas why this happens, or a cure?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Reading emails on IPOD
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 08:21:47 PM »

I read my pte mail on my ipad (granted larger screen than ipod, but should be same software app) and it seems to format all mail correctly.  I must admit though one of the reasons I got the ipad was because I found reading any text on the ipods small screen difficult :(

Is it just forwarded mail that behaves this way?  (wondering if your mail client is reformatting text).

Has she tried playing with the settings which afaik should change mail, messages and notes.
Settings > general > acessability > text size.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »

ps just thought, does she use POP3 mail or webmail?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:01:52 AM »

I manufactured an email to my self from Hotmail, and chose to pass it to her address by move, copy, and forward. In the two the text was readable, but not in the last. I may await a "proper" email in case my originating one from my computer has some effect.

Also it seems earlier one from a third party with text from margin to margin as wide as this post, had in Ipod the text much narrower but extending down the page. Her email  was on friend's advice set to IMAP, whilsr mine POP3
 Theh

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 12:14:35 PM »

IMAP/POP3 shouldnt make much difference.  Just wondered about the possibility of text formatting is she was using a webmail client.

afaik there isnt any options (other than the above) for formatting inbound mail on the ipad/ipod/iphone :(
-----