Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Routerstats running but no stats  (Read 3219 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Routerstats running but no stats
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »

Last night it was running OK except that I could not locate graphs. Then for no clear reason no stats were being gathered; icon was a 0 down SNRM.

Today I re-installed RS68d, but with same result; no stats, graphs etc at 0, and summary paused but connect does not work.

I'm not sure if the fault is mine, routerstats, or the 582N router.

Suggestion please! If necessary I can attach shots of the various pages of my config.

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
Re: Routerstats running but no stats
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »

That's also happened to me and I just left it running and eventually it started again. No idea why. I'm using a TG582n as well which may be the link. I expect you've tried deleting the routerstats.ini file and rechecking your setup. I did as well and it has failed and then started again twice but it's been stable for a week or two now.
Tony

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »

Glad to know it's not only me ;D

Yep I've tried as you have. TBH I am wondering if RS's sole editions for multi-routers is starting to make it creaky. Sad if it is.

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 01:23:56 PM »

Is the modem/router web and/or telnet interface actually responding?

My DSL-2780 web interface seems to stop responding after a few hours of having router stats plot graphs, and you can no longer log into it from a browser, although other modem function continues as normal.  A reboot makes it all ok again, but it never sustains long periods of routerstats plotting.

Ian

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 03:42:51 PM »

Is the modem/router web and/or telnet interface actually responding?

My DSL-2780 web interface seems to stop responding after a few hours of having router stats plot graphs, and you can no longer log into it from a browser, although other modem function continues as normal.  A reboot makes it all ok again, but it never sustains long periods of routerstats plotting.

Ian
  I have tried just clicking on green arrow to run immediately, and via the summary page  which  shows paused. Both methods show RS as running, but summary refuses to populate with router data.

582N seems a strange beast in its telnet!

Edit Wondered if it could be the Windows Firewall, and noticed several inbound permissions for various versions. Have removed all and repalaced with new one for exe file, just in case firewall was problem.

No luck there either. :'( Now tell me, someone, that I've made things even worse! :crazy: ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 04:41:17 PM by renluop »

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 01:01:04 PM »

Given up. pro tem at least on full RS.

Is there a list of Broadcom chipped routers that Roseway's software will work with?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 01:17:51 PM »

There's a partial list here: http://wiki.kitz.co.uk/index.php?title=Broadcom_CLI

but they haven't been tested with rs-ux/w, so I can't be certain. The Thomson/Speedtouch models probably won't work, but the others should. The D-Link DSL-2740B is a very good option, and does work with rsux/rs-w.
  Eric