Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: HTC Sync Problem with Wildfire S  (Read 8068 times)

MALC

HTC Sync Problem with Wildfire S
« on: December 14, 2012, 08:34:18 PM »

I am trying to send my phone pictures to my laptop.    I have a HTC Wildfire S phone and use Vista Basic on my laptop.   Using HTC Sync Software I have obtained a connection between the two units.   I have setup the software to just sync pictures TO the laptop.   I press the SYNC NOW button and a message comes up SYNC IS STARTING.   A second message appears SYNCING PHOTOS FROM DEVICE.    Everything seems ok and then an error message comes up YOUR DEVICE WAS NOT READY OR THERE WAS NO RESPONSE (1001).   I can never get past this.   Can anyone help?   

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: HTC Sync Problem with Wildfire S
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 09:41:37 PM »

Although I have a HTC Desire S, I dont use the HTC sync software when transferring photos, in fact Ive not even bothered installing it on this PC as I find it quicker to use Windows, so I'm not much help Im afraid.

1) I just plug in the USB cable,
2) select the option to browse (not charge) that comes up,
3) then Windows automatically picks it up as an external drive. 
4) I just then drag and drop.

The important step is stage 2 and you have to be pretty quick to select the correct option, otherwise it defaults to  'charge only' and Windows cant find the photos.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

MALC

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 12:37:34 PM »

Many thanks for your reply.   Its interesting because I have had a similar response on another forum where he feels the sync software is unreliable.   His suggestion is the same as yours except he says set up the phone as a disk.    Is this what you mean?    Also in the past I have looked at the phone storage expecting to see a folder named pictures as is the case with my older phone, and this is not the case.      Should I just open each folder until I find the pics avoiding the .exe folder?

Regards   Malcolm

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 05:30:50 PM »

>> phone as disk.  Is this what you mean.

I was typing from memory, but yes its classed as an external disk drive, so it is the same :)

>> folder named pictures.

Again its from memory, (I cant check atm) but Im pretty sure they are all stored in the DCIM folder.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 06:53:31 PM »

Again its from memory, (I cant check atm) but Im pretty sure they are all stored in the DCIM folder.

DCIM stands for "Digital Camera Images" and is the standard folder name used in cameras and other devices for storing images.
  Eric

MALC

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 04:50:09 PM »

Hi Everyone
Can I just thank each of you who responded to my query.   At last I have the pics on my laptop and I think the next step is to remove the HTC Sync hardware, its just not needed.
Happy Christmas to you all

Regards

Malcolm

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 12:43:17 AM »

yvw.  Glad you got it sorted :)

I find it so much easier to use the above method and it is quicker than HTC sync.

>>> remove the HTC Sync hardware.

It may be needed if you want to back up your contacts.
-----