Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DVD player  (Read 14071 times)

dod

Re: DVD player
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 01:44:14 PM »

The first thing I looked at was formating. my pc gave me the choice of FAT or FAT32 for the usb drive so I reformated to FAT32 and it worked! I admit I did not try it for long but it did work, only thing is my old divx player is not so keen on fat32 as it stopped playing after 15mins and returned to the menu. So I'll just have to use differently formated usb drives for each one and sit and watch each one for a while and make sure they are ok.

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 04:18:02 PM »

How weird that it doesn't support standard FAT - obviously that's a limitation of the file system driver in the DVD player, doesn't make sense though really as most flash drives come pre-formatted as FAT16, not FAT32.

Obviously external USB hard drives will normally be FAT32, but I wonder what happens if they're NTFS!?
Chris

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 05:15:47 PM »

They probably won't work if its NTFS. Well I've not found any that will work reliably. My KiSS DP-600* certainly doesn't like NTFS drives but since it streams from the network then USB is sort of redundant anyway.

*Pixmania have these for £139 which is a stunning deal. Ignore the Amazon reviews whinging about IPTV as the people making the posts seem to think that'd be free  ???

Edit - linky :

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/172897/art/kiss/dp-600-dvd-hd-player.html

dod

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 08:23:50 PM »

Thanks for all the help. i spent some more time with the player and usb drive, it played ok most of the time but there were a couple of times the picture froze for a fraction of a second and  one point it stopped completely and told there was no disc. I'm hoping this is just a data rate issue due to the cheap and cheerfull drive I bought at ASDA (last minute xmas shopping)

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 07:24:17 PM »

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Walmart (Asda's owners) it has been my experience that Asda will take ANYTHING back for any reason you care to think of. They sell so much that even if they have to take a hit of a hundred quid or so it is more important to retain the customers business than quibble about it.

I REALLY can't believe Pixmania are flogging the DP-600 at £139. I'm still stunned at that - a 1920x1080p player for 140 quid is ridiculous :)
Pages: 1 [2]

anything