Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Testing the Huawei HG610V  (Read 9036 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Testing the Huawei HG610V
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 11:21:14 PM »

I expect I'm being stupid, but I can't find either of those checkboxes. :-[

But, to see if bitswapping is taking place, look at the CLI command xdslcmd info --stats (or you can see it in rs-ux) and you'll find a line similar to this:

Bitswap:   276849      12359
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Testing the Huawei HG610
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 12:01:26 AM »

You're not being stupid, Eric. Those check boxes only appear in the HG610's GUI and not that of the HG612.

For a quick view, please scroll to near the bottom of this page:)

(Also, as far as I can determine, these are HG610 devices. No V suffix.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:04:18 AM by burakkucat »
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 07:23:13 AM »

I see, thanks. :)

So it looks as though the HG610(V) has rather buggy firmware, but it may well be be possible to flash it with the HG612 firmware. I await the next research report with great interest.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 08:19:29 AM »

Sorry for the confusion Eric over these check boxes, I myself got confused a bit as when I looked again at the 612 I saw these as well, however this was because the page was loaded from the Firefox cache  :-[ once I cleared the cache they do not appear in the 612 page.

Now the 612 has been working well since I swapped it back in last night, and yes I can see Bitswap: 20952 140  in the telnet data so it is swapping. So considering the issues with the 610 then I think I will flash it with the 612 firmware and then try again.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 09:47:32 AM »

Yes, the Firefox cache does seem to be a bit too effective. I've been caught out by it before, too.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 11:06:02 AM »

Well flashing the 610 with the 612 firmware does indeed complete but I have found it impossible to go through the setup without getting strange errors from the web interface and on a reboot the router loads the default settings again. So at this stage it is not a worthwhile thing to do. I will probably flash it back to a 610 and maybe try again with bit swapping turned on and see what happens. I have sent Mickey an email about these trails and tribulations to see if he can shed any light on what is wrong, maybe I am doing something wrong. I'll wait to see if he has any thoughts on this.

Stuart

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 01:32:03 PM »

Apparently I made a mistake the 610 firmware will work in the 612  but not the other way round, but I cannot see much point in trying that as my 612 works perfectly. I will probably put back the English f/w in the 610 unless I can find another more up to date version to try and give it another go with bit swapping enabled. There is someone else on the Broadband forum giving one a go and so will follow his experiences to try to determine if I have been unlucky and have a rogue router, or if there is a more general issue. Right now I have no idea.

Stuart

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 04:11:59 PM »

Thigs have moved on a bit and for now testing will be on hold. Mickey has seen the problem for himself and thinks that as this is the only English f/w available he might be able to fix/replace the offending code so I will wait to hear from him before trying any more.

Stuart
Pages: 1 [2]