Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Am I the only one? Samsung phone issues  (Read 6306 times)

staffsman

Am I the only one? Samsung phone issues
« on: November 11, 2012, 01:45:03 PM »

I own a Samsung Galaxy Ace phone and it is quite good EXCEPT........

Over a week ago I was told (over the net) that a new version of Kies was available.  For those who don't know kies is the software that comes with Samsung product that allows phones and pads to link and sync with their PC's.  Among other things it allows syncing with MS Outlook so that I can carry my schedule in my pocket. This is a must for me.  I should add at this point my wife has a Samsung Galaxy Note which also has access to Kies.  She also was offered an update of Kies.

Since we both downloaded Kies v2  we have not been able to sync.  ( I have uninstalled, re-installed, repaired, all sort to no avail.)  She uses her laptop I use my PC and they are not networked so are completely separate.

However I can't find any mention of this Kies problem anywhere.  It must be affecting others, I'm not paranoid enough to think Samsung are targeting me alone but I cannot find it mentioned anywhere on the web.  Does anyone know of or are experiencing Samsung/Kies problems?

The Samsung Customer Support center is a joke.  It has taken me nearly two weeks of telephone calls and emails to get completely nowhere.

Ray

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Am I the only one? Samsung phone issues
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 01:47:19 PM »

I used to have a Samsung phone and do remember that when I tried a new version of Kies it was not compatible with my phone which was nearly 2 years old. Could it be the same for you?

Stuart

PS I no longer use the Samsung phone - I have a Sony Xperia S.
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

staffsman

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »

I used to have a Samsung phone and do remember that when I tried a new version of Kies it was not compatible with my phone which was nearly 2 years old. Could it be the same for you?

No my phone is only a 4 months  old and has the most recent upgrades and the Note is only one moth old so that isn't the problem.  Wish that it were.  I could just buy new and move on.

Ray

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 04:32:56 PM »

I have only recently bought a smartphone a Samsung Galaxy Y and this was only forced upon me after I threw my old basic Nokia in the Marina off my boat! But I digress. Being new to smartphones I tried to embrace the new technology and downloaded Kies and tried for several days to get my phone to talk to my PC but I was never entirely successful. I would have to say that Kies is most unsatisfactory software and not the least bit intuitive. That said people do seem to be able to use it but I don't envy you getting Outlook to sync with a new version if it is as unfriendly as the the first version you had. And I would confirm that help on the net is not readily available. This is not much use to you but I wish you luck!
Tony

staffsman

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:10:24 AM »

I have only recently bought a smartphone a Samsung Galaxy Y and this was only forced upon me after I threw my old basic Nokia in the Marina off my boat! But I digress. Being new to smartphones I tried to embrace the new technology and downloaded Kies and tried for several days to get my phone to talk to my PC but I was never entirely successful. I would have to say that Kies is most unsatisfactory software and not the least bit intuitive. That said people do seem to be able to use it but I don't envy you getting Outlook to sync with a new version if it is as unfriendly as the the first version you had. And I would confirm that help on the net is not readily available. This is not much use to you but I wish you luck!
Tony

Hi Tony  I have actually been using Kies v1 for sometime.  It is very poor as software goes but did work to some degree.  I could keep my scheduled up to date at least, but then the b*******ds sent me version 2.  That has never worked.
The Support team does leave a great deal to be desired.  But I shall persevere.  It is the fact that I can't find anyone else who seems to be having my trouble...............

Such fun!

Ray

staffsman

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 05:30:14 PM »

Just to let anyone who may be interested, Keis software has been fixed.  After two whole weeks Samsung have finally got their software working again.  It an't perfect but then it never was.  But it is working.

Samsung Support UK are worse than useless.

I am now seriously considering moving to a Nokia with MS software.

Ray

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 07:20:42 PM »

Glad it's working for you again. I'm still coming to grips with my Galaxy which is very irritating for a retired electronics and broadcasting engineer. It must be my age - it all used to seem so easy!
Tony

staffsman

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 12:02:52 PM »

Glad it's working for you again. I'm still coming to grips with my Galaxy which is very irritating for a retired electronics and broadcasting engineer. It must be my age - it all used to seem so easy!
Tony

Tell me about it!  To make matters worse I ordered an upgrade to my BT Broadband.  Going over to Infinity and taking up the BT Vision package.  Seemed a good idea at the time but now all I can remember is all the agro I went through when we first had B/B installed years ago.  'I can see troubles ahead ......'   
Ray

anything