Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]

Author Topic: New ECI Modem B-FOCus V-2FUb/r Rev B  (Read 180734 times)

burakkucat

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: New ECI Modem B-FOCus V-2FUb/r Rev B
« Reply #525 on: February 27, 2016, 03:23:37 PM »

I just bought an ECI Modem and I noticed the manufacture date was 01/2016 thought they would have stopped manufacturing them by now :)

If ECI still regard them as viable devices, then fitting the PCB into a different case -- either badged ECI or with some other CP's name -- and loading generic, not custom BT, firmware will create a stock of saleable items.  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Geekofbroadband

• Reg Member
« Reply #526 on: February 27, 2016, 04:55:56 PM »

I decided to get an ECI modem and Netgear R7800 instead a of D7800 it is just more convenient, if I decide to use a different modem or even move to cable I can just plug the router in :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 11:44:29 PM by Geekofbroadband »

cathome

• Just arrived
« Reply #527 on: March 30, 2016, 04:17:35 PM »

Incidentally, it's quite easy to get the flash contents without rebooting the modem. Mine still hasn't been rebooted since first powering up. First run a tftp daemon and enable '--create' options. Then
Code: [Select]
cd /dev
for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10; do tftp -p -l mtdblock$i 192.168.23.19 69; done
That will get all the individual flash blocks including the entire mtdblock10.

James instructions on compiling versions of unsquash and squash.lzma etc work just fine, allowing easy modification of the boot scripts, rebuilding the squash image, and adding things like stats information.

Hi all

I have a few questions please:

1. Once I have dumped the flash contents using the method described here and I have the entire mtdblock10 (which I now have), how do I turn that into a flashable firmware which can be used to revert back to the previous firmware if necessary or better still as a firmware update file which can be used to update another similar revision ECI/r modem?

2. Once I have the firmware file 'extracted' from the mtdblock10, how do I flash it to one of these modems (i.e. what specific commands do I need to use)?

3. Could you please post a link to those 'James instructions'?

4. Has BT pushed a new firmware for these modems now that G.INP has been enabled on ECI cabs? Incidentally, what is the latest firmware version for these modems?

Thank you in advance for any wisdom you can share!  :flower:

currytop

• Reg Member
« Reply #528 on: April 03, 2016, 02:50:51 PM »

Crikey, that all seems a lifetime ago now, I've been a bit busy and haven't looked in at this stuff since I last posted on it!

Look at Asbokids postings in this thread and everything you need can be found there. There were two stumbling blocks as I recall, one - the squash utilities were modified and standard versions wouldn't handle the compression algorithm to extract the code from the sqw file system. I think James supplied a working source, if not I have Linux versions here somewhere that I compiled. Secondly there is a checksum applied to the code image which the resident bootstrap code chokes on if wrong. Again I think Asbokid supplied working checksum source code. So if you modify some of the script files and reassemble a binary it will complain on reboot if the checksum isn't correctly applied. I can't find any of my detailed notes here about reassembling an image for TFTP but I don't remember it being too hard.

Oh there's still an issue with telnetd freezing if btagent is left running. I just paused it on my modem.

I no longer use an ECI version so lost interest in going any further. In fact I flashed it with OpenWRT to keep as a spare.

Steve

cathome

• Just arrived
« Reply #529 on: April 04, 2016, 06:51:45 PM »

Many thanks for the reply.

What I'm after doesn't (hopefully need to) go that far. All I want is to be able to extract a stock copy of the ECI/r firmware from the mtdblock10 dump, which can be used to flash an ECI/r modem of the same revision, either in order to upgrade an older firmware or to simply revert back to the ECI stock firmware after experimenting with other firmwares like OpenWRT...  I don't want (at least at this stage) to mod the extracted firmware in any way.

Asbokid released a flashable stock firmware a while ago and instructions on how to flash it, but that is a very old firmware version (there have been several newer versions since) and I cannot find any newer firmware versions anywhere. I was hoping that once I have a mtdblock10 dump, which I have successfully managed to get using your instructions, then there would be an easy way of extracting a stock flashable copy of the firmware from that...

I have got 4 ECI/r modems, both versions 1.1 and 1.2 and I have mtdblock10 dumps for different firmware/modem versions/revisions. I was hoping to turn those into flashable firmwares  :fingers: and share them with the community... since I'm sure they would be useful to someone. Having said that I'm not really an experienced Linux user so any help with how to do that would be much appreciated.

If anyone is interested, I've got mtdblock10 dumps for:

ECI/r R0403 v1.1 with newer firmware (ltqcpe.lantiq.com login)
ECI/r R0403 v1.1 with older firmware (IFX CPE login)
ECI/r RA403 v1.2 with newer firmware (ltqcpe.lantiq.com login)

The forth modem is a v1.2 release which had the same old firmware version that asbokid released (root@ltqcpe login), and that one is currently flashed with jsamuel's OpenWRT firmware (and is the modem I'm actually using at this moment).

burakkucat

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #530 on: April 04, 2016, 07:03:04 PM »

Just thinking out loud . . . binwalk might be a useful tool?  :-\

JSzmanda

• Just arrived
« Reply #531 on: August 15, 2016, 05:48:41 PM »

Hi,

I've just bought /r from 07/2013

What is the best option to use it?

I want to to run in modem / bridge mode.
I have access in serial and telnet to. What next?

skyeci

• Reg Member
« Reply #532 on: August 15, 2016, 05:59:50 PM »

You could flash it for stats if you wanted . By default it will work as a modem in Bridge mode..
See flashing process here. I have done several using this method. Works just great.
http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,15918.0.html
Sky Fibre Pro -  Zyxel vmg8324 modem (v14 bridge mode) + PFSENSE (APU2C4) 2.4.0 with ipv6 , AC-88U WAP- ECI cab, G.INP disabled as of 8th April 2016

http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk user upload ID skyECI

JSzmanda

• Just arrived
« Reply #533 on: August 15, 2016, 06:12:17 PM »

How to check what version I have?

Lantiq V1.2 so this is v2: openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-VG3503J_V2-squashfs.image?

skyeci

• Reg Member
« Reply #534 on: August 15, 2016, 07:20:42 PM »

Yeap
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 07:23:26 PM by skyeci »
Sky Fibre Pro -  Zyxel vmg8324 modem (v14 bridge mode) + PFSENSE (APU2C4) 2.4.0 with ipv6 , AC-88U WAP- ECI cab, G.INP disabled as of 8th April 2016

http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk user upload ID skyECI

burakkucat

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #535 on: August 15, 2016, 07:48:17 PM »

Lantiq V1.2 so this is v2: openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-VG3503J_V2-squashfs.image?

From reading the above link, yes, that is what I understand.

v1: openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-VG3503J-squashfs.image
v2: openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-VG3503J_V2-squashfs.image
Remember the SoC on the ECI /r v1 is labelled "v1.1"  and on the v2 it's labelled "v1.2"
Don't put the image for the v2 on a v1 otherwise your ethernet ports won't work effectively leaving you with a bricked unit.

jim3108

• Just arrived
« Reply #536 on: August 19, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »

I too am having the "login incorrect" problem - has anyone else figured out what the login/password has changed to when flashed back to ecibfocus_r.8mb.bin firmware from OpenWRT?

I am at the prompt:

Code: [Select]
IFX CPE login:
Before anyone replies, the following return "Login incorrect":

admin/admin
admin/password
root/admin
root/root
root/password

Suggestions?

Preferably without having to dump out the whole flash and crack the password.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:17:49 PM by jim3108 »

rp00

« Reply #537 on: October 04, 2016, 09:59:55 AM »

Could someone kindly share stock firmware for ECIv1.2?
I need to flash one of my modems for testing purposes.

Thanks

jim3108

• Just arrived
« Reply #538 on: January 23, 2017, 11:38:18 AM »

HELP

jsamuel

• Reg Member
« Reply #539 on: January 23, 2017, 11:46:03 AM »

HELP
Press enter (blank password) although it should be admin/admin