Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HG612 SNRM Tweaking Script (ADSL)  (Read 14090 times)

les-70

• Kitizen
Re: HG612 SNRM Tweaking Script (ADSL)
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 11:08:42 AM »

The username and password are admin and admin.  I have only changed the IP address  but I edited the script to match that.  Looking at the output in data$$ I seem to be sending extra "returns" to the router.  The two inputs of admin get there but both end up being seen as user names. 

rhohne

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 01:33:48 PM »

The username and password are admin and admin.

What line endings are you using? Looks like you are using DOS style endings instead of UNIX style. The extra character in the DOS style is enough to muck things up.

Edit: Also ensure that the login files do not contain multiple line endings, for some reason the ones supplied end with <cr><lf><cr><lf>
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:56:52 PM by rhohne »

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 03:26:01 PM »

Your clearly correct and editing the 3 login files to have just cr endings gets it to log in and reach a shell.   I had just used the script and files as download and under Windows XP with only a needed IP address edit.  The script now gets the first set of stats,  however it then fails a bit further in.  I thought this would just run under Windows but apparently not.  I will see if I can see what the next problem is!

rhohne

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 04:23:40 PM »

If you manually try the command xdslcmd configure --snr XXX, how long is it before your line resyncs? The program assumes that it resyncs within 60 seconds.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 04:45:05 PM »

It does resync within 60 seconds.  However the script hangs at the end of getting the info and does not get as far as trying that, it does not get to showing the stats before the resync.   At its end the data$$ file shows a  failure to log out from the ATP after the first info command.  I can't yet see why this happens. It should get a "byebye etc" judging by trying on telnet. 

Bitswap:   12855/12869      0/0

#
# exit
ATP>exit
Command failed.
ATP>
ATP>

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 04:37:23 PM »

I can report that the HG622 ATP level seems fussy over command file input terminations. Ensuring the login files used in the tweaking script have only a <cr> ending, and using a text file with the same <cr> only ending for the exit command as well, gets it working.  (Thanks rhohne)  A small edit is also needed pick up the sync speeds due to a change in the output style.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything