Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Home & Public Networks  (Read 4263 times)

Bayardo

Home & Public Networks
« on: January 03, 2012, 09:27:31 PM »

Now that I've set up my Billion router I have done a re-install on my Edimax repeater.

The Billion is running fine on a "home" network, but Win7 has set the Edimax up on a "public" network,
which does not allow connection to the internet. It is something I have had a problem with before which
has either sorted itself out or I've managed to change it to a "home network" but have had no idea how.

Does anyone know of a way that it can be done?

Thanks
Bayardo

AdrianH

Re: Home & Public Networks
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 01:27:52 PM »

Control Panel > Network and Sharing > Edimax click under the name on Public Network (highlighted blue as a link) and a new pane should open "Set location" and choose Home Network then save.

Bayardo

Re: Home & Public Networks
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 04:23:56 PM »

Control Panel > Network and Sharing > Edimax click under the name on Public Network (highlighted blue as a link) and a new pane should open "Set location" and choose Home Network then save.

When I log on via the router it is shown s a "home" network I get the link as you describe under the Billion, which allows me to change the network between Home, Work & Public.
If I switch to the Edimax I get what you see on the attached screengrab. As you will see "Public network" is in black and does not allow access to the new pane!

[attachment deleted by admin]