Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HTC Phones - G series.  (Read 17491 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
HTC Phones - G series.
« on: October 25, 2011, 09:16:05 PM »

I know a few people on here have HTC phones and wonder if they can confirm something for me.

I'm trying to purchase a few accessories for my HTC Desire S such as leather flip case, car charger etc...  and I notice it keeps coming up as G12 and Im unsure if the G12 is actually the same as the HTC Desire S.  Most of the stuff on E-bay are for the G12.

During a google search Ive come across lots of similar questions but no-one seemed to be able to give a definitive answer for this model...  until  I started searching under G series + HTC and I came across just this one answer.

The g7 IS the HTC desire. There are indeed copies of the g7, but they run winmo

.../snip/...

Most GSM Android HTC phones have a G number

G1 HTC Dream
G2 HTC Magic
G3 HTC Hero
G4 HTC Tattoo
G5 google Nexus 1
G6 HTC Legend
G7 HTC Desire
G8 HTC Wildfire
G9 HTC Aria
G10 HTC Desire HD
G11 HTC Incredible S
G12 HTC Desire S
G13 HTC Wildfire S
G14 HTC Sensation

Does anyone know if this is also the case or had a similar experience with their HTC phones... 
.....and should I therefore be safe in ordering items such as this marked Desire S G12.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: HTC Phones - G series.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 08:09:48 AM »

Have a look here Kitz.The one thing with Amazon is that if anything is wrong the will gladly exchange it for you.Their customer service is excellent

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_3?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=htc+desire+s&sprefix=HTC

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 04:07:56 PM »

Thanks UB...  just bought this.  A lil bit dearer than the ebay ones, but at least it had reviews from HTC - S users.  At £3.89 inc P+P it isnt too much anyhow.

However to confuse matters more.. its described as Design to perfectly fit HTC DESIRE S G7  so gawd knows and now Im more confused than ever  :-\

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 05:13:56 PM »

That looks   8)

I should get one of those flip cases for my Omnia7,I opted for one of these instead

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAMSUNG-i8700-OMNIA-COVER-SHELL/dp/B004EG61PY/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1319645554&sr=1-2

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 10:16:04 PM »

I have a very similar leather flip for my i-pod..  and Im well pleased with them as they both look smart and give good protection to the device... which is why I wanted that sort of thing for my phone. 

>>> ,I opted for one of these instead

That looks cool - love the colour :D  (im a purple freak!)

I'd personally decided against the gel cases 'cause the dont protect the screen..  and since I shove my phone in my bag, along with keys and various other stuff, the flip works better for me.. 

...and I dont know if they were unlucky, but I knew someone who had a gel case for his HTC-desire HD, but after a short while it soon stretched and kept falling off.  Maybe it was just a 'bad one' but he ended up buying a flip in the end.   I just hope this one is similar to that for my ipod, as that looks smart and can easily clip back out of the way when the device is in use.

-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 11:53:52 AM »

That looks cool - love the colour  :D (im a purple freak!)

I'd personally decided against the gel cases 'cause the dont protect the screen..  and since I shove my phone in my bag, along with keys and various other stuff, the flip works better for me..

I too am a purple fan,(and orange)......

When I take my phone out I have a soft old specsaver case that it will slide into(Mr cheapskate)  ;D.Must get one of those flip cases(as getting the old specsaver case out in public doesn't do much for ones street cred) :lol:

Had no problems with gel case(had it since June),fits like a glove.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 02:27:18 PM »

>>> I have a soft old specsaver case that it will slide into(Mr cheapskate)

lol -
I'd been using he slide in case from my old Nokia E71 which kinda worked for protection only.

Case arrived this morning.. clearly marked "for HTC G12".  So I guess that clears that bit up.

As to the rest.. well unsure...  because despite being advertised as "PREMIUM BLACK TOP FLIP LEATHER CASE".  It sure dont look like leather to me.  Oh well for the price it aint worth bothering about.. and at least I have protection for the phone and something that I can easily access if the phone rings. :)
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 02:34:08 PM »

As to the rest.. well unsure...  because despite being advertised as "PREMIUM BLACK TOP FLIP LEATHER CASE".  It sure dont look like leather to me.  Oh well for the price it aint worth bothering about.. and at least I have protection for the phone and something that I can easily access if the phone rings

If its not what's been advertised I'm sure they(Amazon)would swap it...but as you say for what it costs,is it worth the trouble.

Just write PRADA on the side and I'm sure no one will notice  :D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 03:18:21 PM »

hmmm closer inspection of the specs

Product Description
LEATHER CASE.

Has cutouts for all important parts including camera, charger and handfree. Made from high quality durable Synthetic material to give excellent protection.

My bold..  erm..  how ambiguous is that?   Oh well it looks ok and it does the job for what I need, will be more hassle than it worth to go sending it back.

>>> ust write PRADA on the side and I'm sure no one will notice

lmao..  Yeah I'll write it on the back of the case in yellow highlighter pen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 03:29:58 PM »

lmao..  Yeah I'll write it on the back of the case in yellow highlighter pen

:lol:

Must Google...........Synthetic Leather   :shrug2: :D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 05:46:43 PM »

Tut, tut, Uncle. Your Yorkshire education seems to be lacking. Please let me assist --

Synthetic Leather == Plastic. :P :dance:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »

Tut, tut, Uncle. Your Yorkshire education seems to be lacking. Please let me assist --

Synthetic Leather == Plastic. :P :dance:

Ah I did wonder Mr B-cat.........as my OH often says she has been using the synthetic leather again  :o  ;D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 06:48:41 PM »

.........as my OH often says she has been using the synthetic leather again  :o  ;D

Ah, yes. Those essential requirements for SWMBO -- shoes, handbags, bottles of wine, etc. :-X

(Just between us, is Auntie really that fierce or is it just an act when she is in public view? ???)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 06:53:23 PM »

(Just between us, is Auntie really that fierce or is it just an act when she is in public view? ???)

:scare:

No she is a little treasure.She has hell of a lot to cope with due to my disability and not being able to do very much physically.She goes to work,then looks after our home and also keeps the Garden looking nice.

She is my rock and I would be lost without her  :hug: :love:

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 07:13:30 PM »

<snip>

She is my rock and I would be lost without her  :hug: :love:

Ah, perfection personified.  :thumbs: :congrats:

(And there I was, thinking about the "Ladies" from "Last of the Summer Wine" and "Auntie Wainwright" in particular. :o )

Pages: [1] 2

anything