Kitz ADSL Broadband Information
adsl spacer  
Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum
   Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:22:07 PM 
Started by Weaver - Last post by CarlT
The default buffer for many VoIP services is 50ms so it's tolerant to some level of interesting network conditions.

 on: Today at 01:17:41 PM 
Started by Weaver - Last post by CarlT
Sales. They had to provide a top 10% figure, now median. I guess they decided a range between 10.001 Mb and 40+ Mb for products they were advertising as 'fibre' didn't appeal.

That it may have been bad for private line revenues via fibre to the premises or EFM is purely coincidental.

 on: Today at 01:14:30 PM 
Started by CarlT - Last post by CarlT
You can see that the network is amplified - despite the downstream range being nearly 650 MHz power level is virtually constant throughout.

Delighted to answer any questions on cable in general. It's my specialist subject as far as broadband goes. I wrote an introduction to various broadband technologies for colleagues and probably went more into depth with cable than other things.

 on: Today at 01:07:14 PM 
Started by daveesh1 - Last post by daveesh1
No address and number give the same results. This only change around 3-4 weeks ago.

 on: Today at 01:05:32 PM 
Started by daveesh1 - Last post by daveesh1
This is what i get at the moment:-

adsl info --stats
adsl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Status: Showtime
Last Retrain Reason:    0
Last initialization procedure status:   0
Max:    Upstream rate = 7218 Kbps, Downstream rate = 46408 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 7012 Kbps, Downstream rate = 46363 Kbps

Link Power State:       L0
Mode:                   VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile:          Profile 17a
TPS-TC:                 PTM Mode(0x0)
Trellis:                U:ON /D:ON
Line Status:            No Defect
Training Status:        Showtime
                Down            Up
SNR (dB):        6.3             6.2
Attn(dB):        22.5            0.0
Pwr(dBm):        4.6             4.6

 on: Today at 01:03:31 PM 
Started by daveesh1 - Last post by j0hn
Does the address results say the same as the number results?

Occasionally number and address show different results. It's usually the number results that go widely inaccurate.

 on: Today at 12:55:40 PM 
Started by daveesh1 - Last post by daveesh1
BT ADSL checker advising new speed achievable on my line is below

Telephone Number  on Exchange KETTERING is served by Cabinet 102
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High   Low   High   Low            
VDSL Range A (Clean)   77.3   54.9   20   17.7   47.3   Available   --   --   
VDSL Range B (Impacted)   66.9   41   20   12.4   35   Available   --   --   
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand   330   30   --   Available   --   --   
ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+   Up to 5   --   3 to 7.5   Available   --   --   
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M   Up to 5   Up to 1   3 to 7.5   Available   --   --   
ADSL Max   Up to 4   --   2.5 to 7   Available   --   --   
WBC Fixed Rate   2   --   --   Available   --   --   
Fixed Rate   2   --   --   Available   --   --   
Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast   --   --   --   Available   --   --   
ADSL Multicast   --   --   --   Available   --   --   
Premise environment


Bridge Tap   N                  
VRI   N                  
NTEFaceplate   N                  
Last Test Date   13-09-2018   

This is achievable before   

 on: Today at 12:48:30 PM 
Started by JamesK - Last post by roseway
Excellent :)

 on: Today at 12:47:16 PM 
Started by JamesK - Last post by JamesK
Got it working... not sure why the configuration was picked up from the pi user, but it seems to have saved it to the root configuration, while allowing the 'pi' user version of DSLstats to be unaffected.

Many Thanks for the help :-)

 on: Today at 12:41:54 PM 
Started by JamesK - Last post by JamesK
I think you may be able to trick it into accepting a second instance if you copy all the DSLstats files to a different directory for the second instance, and change the name of the executable to (say) dslstats2. As you've probably realised, the second instance must be run as root so that its configuration files are saved in a different place.

I tried creating a new user, then su'ing to that that user in a terminal window from the VNC desktop. I then extracted all the DSLstats files into that home directory for that user and attempted to execute. It didn't like that because it couldn't open the X window. My guess is because the desktop is running as the pi user. I can't remember how to allow another process to open a window on the desktop.
(dslstats:27622): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

I then resorted to attempting to launching dslstats as root, from that new users directory... but it didn't like that at all. It didn't even create a .dslstats folder, so my assumption is that it's still trying to use the pi user .dslstats directory.

Copying the directory and renaming the executable does allow it to launch (as root)... but it seems to be picking up the configuration from the pi user directory.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10