Thanks ejs good spot.
>> I'd quote the paragraph in the recently added section 1.2.2 about downstream target SNRM.
BT dont usually mind you quoting short
extracts from SINET as long as you quote the original source where you got the info from.
What they do take umbrage at is copying huge walls of text and not accrediting where you got the info from.
Copyright law states excerpts are allowed in the following circumstances
1. The reason for using the material is genuinely for the purpose of quotation, criticism or review
2. The material you are using is already available to the public
3. Your use of the material is fair
4. Where practical, you have provided sufficient acknowledgement
5. Your quotation must be no more than is required to achieve your purpose
See also copyright legislation section 30
- Criticism, review and news reporting.
I think they'd have a hard time chasing someone using it to prove a point or explain something... or as in this particular case it would be covered by 'news'. If they got really arsey they could ask you to remove the quote if it wasn't relevant.