Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.7.1 released  (Read 30576 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
DSLstats v5.7.1 released
« on: February 25, 2016, 10:58:59 AM »

Some tidying up, and some additional data included in MDWS uploads

Changes since v5.6.2:

- fixed incorrect date display in daily traffic popup
- made some corrections to the terminology (e.g. 'router' --> 'modem')
- additional error correction and other changes which may solve the occasional
  "Divide by zero" errors on the Windows version
- when the DSL uptime is not available, the AS uptime is used on the Stats page
- added extra information to MDWS uploads (stats B, M, T, etc.)

Changes between 5.6.1 and 5.6.2:

- the state of the error averages 24-hour/Modem-uptime option is now saved and restored
- corrected inability to save and restore the command prefix 'adslctl'

Changes between 5.6 and 5.6.1:

- in the Linux versions, the permissions of the mydslwebstats folder are set explicitly
- the interleave and ES/hour values on the status bar now have both up and down values
- if an upload to MDWS fails to complete, it should now time out gracefully
- corrected reversed upstream/downstream speeds with MDWS uploads using Thomson/Tecnicolor modems

http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/downloads.html
  Eric

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
Re: DSLstats v5.7.1 released
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:01:48 PM »

Many thanks for releasing this and all the work you do in maintaining the software.

Have now upgraded - the first time I have had to do so - and was pleasantly surprised that it remembered all my settings despite the unzipped folder being in a different location that the previous version.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 12:36:44 PM »

Okay, thanks Eric. MDWS has now been updated to show the extra Stats discussed in the link below. I'll post detail on the MDWS thread later. They appear just left left of the Uptime stats in the Status panel at the top but only on the wide graphs. Hover over the XTR legend to see them. It will tell you that you need to upgrade if you haven't done so. HG612 Modem Stats users already have the data available. The panel will automatically show them no need to do anything if MDWS is already running.

They are being discussed in the thread below:

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,17054.msg313878.html#msg313878
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 12:39:55 PM »

Just upgraded and it was a very smooth transition. Thanks for your continued help and support to all involved in developing this amazing peice of software.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 01:22:44 PM »

Windows version running fine here Eric.

Only issue I had was that the old version had detected a new version and had used up nearly all my PCs memory, I had to force it off with the Task Manager and then memory use dropped like a stone and the PC recovered. Dont know if this was a one off but I will disable checking for now.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 06:33:44 PM »

Sorry to say the RPi has just had it's first invalid floating point operation in just 1 hour after installing V5.7.1

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 06:44:17 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, people.

@Stuart: the code in question hasn't been changed in about 18 months, so I think it's most likely that it was a one-off.

@NewtronStar: I'll set up my RPi shortly and leave it running to see if I can reproduce the problem.
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 07:10:17 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, people.

@Stuart: the code in question hasn't been changed in about 18 months, so I think it's most likely that it was a one-off.

@NewtronStar: I'll set up my RPi shortly and leave it running to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Just had a divide by zero on the MDWS server, first I've ever seen!
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Oldjim

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 07:49:40 PM »

You really need to change the location where the updated zip file is stored when using the update link from the program
On my Win 7 machine it is in users/jim/AppData but by default that is a hidden area and I needed to change the folder view options to see it
Jim
Plusnet

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 08:03:12 PM »

You really need to change the location where the updated zip file is stored when using the update link from the program
On my Win 7 machine it is in users/jim/AppData but by default that is a hidden area and I needed to change the folder view options to see it

Jim at least on my copy (under Windows 7) the download directory for a new version is configurable by the user so you can store it anywhere you want.

Stuart

Oldjim

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 08:12:59 PM »

I hadn't spotted this option which is why I had the problem assuming that is the only place it is set
Perhaps the download location should be set to being with the other dslstats file by default and not where the config file is stored by default
Or was there something in the popup which I missed
Jim
Plusnet

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 08:23:36 PM »

Being a Linux user normally when I have the option under Windows I always choose to use the program directory and I suspect, although not checked, that it defaults to where you have the config files stored. In my case this would be the program directory. However you can make it anywhere you like....

Stuart

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 08:28:46 PM »

Just for information the RPi stopped uploading to MDWS for the second time again it was close to the 1 hour interval this time no invalid floating point operation just a blank GUI for DSLstats and it showed up after 20 seconds and started to upload to MDWS.

I'll keep V5.7.1 installed and see if it settles down

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 09:55:09 AM »

I jut got my first ever 'Invalid Floating Point Error' using the new version of DSLStats.

Not sure if its relevant/helpful, but this is on a WinXP machine and it appeared the first time I opened DSLStats (from the system tray) after XP came out of hibernation (which it accidentally fell in overnight). This never happened on v5.6.1 in the same circumstances.

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 10:17:04 AM »

All ok here, thanks.  :)

Linux raspberrypi 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8