Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: G.INP Mk2 - Line stats.  (Read 21711 times)

tommy45

• Reg Member
G.INP Mk2 - Line stats.
« on: May 31, 2015, 02:52:37 AM »

//*  Note from Admin - Ive split off the Mk2 G.INP line stats to form its own thread away from the main topic. *//

Well going by my stats I just had the so called G.inp rollout fix, G.inp was switched off on my upstream for some reason, my stats show a slight gain in DS attainable, SNR is no higher than it has been whilst fully g.inped US SNR  back to the higher level but surprisingly the us attainable is slightly lower ???? it should have increased!!! I guess this is going to pee some off as they may lose full us sync speed  the inp value increased on the ds by 1 to 48 and us power increased a little as did the signal & line attenuation levels,why?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:20:24 AM by kitz »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: G.INP Mk2 - Line stats.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 09:22:48 AM »

@tommy45,

Would you mind posting a copy of your xlogfile.txt?
(it should be in the same folder as modem_stats.log)

Going on the initial G.INP rollout, it's likely to be a while before my Huawei DSLAM is updated & I'm trying to put something together to email users when the changes take place.

As it hasn't happened on my connection yet, I'm not 100% sure what data to use for determining the changes.

I was going to use the previously unused blat.exe email program that is already stored in the Apps folder, but it doesn't work with Gmail users.

I have found a different program, mailsend.exe that seems to work for all connections, even those using ipv6, but it's taking me a while to amend the code that I had tested using blat.exe.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 10:56:44 AM »

tommy can you be kind enough to do a screenshot of modem stats gui? or post a montage, thanks.

I noticed on various forums is some discussion about US error correction been left on by openreach on the fixed profiles, its worth pointing out its always been enabled anyway even on fast path.

See here, I have US FEC's.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 12:40:51 PM »

Here you go

It looks from MDWS  there are several others that have also had this  cack handed attempt of a fix applied  where it wasn't needed  i use a huawei , So that may blow the theory about the DSLAM being able see what brand of  chip the modem is using and apply the profile accordingly, they  would appear to have blundered yet again  and rolled it out to all regardless  wrong again BTOR As my us does generate errors when  fast path my concern is ending up with the borked ECI profile interleave on the us when G.inp on both did it's job as it was supposed to do,
Maybe people power will get BT to listen to what it's customers what, a petition  so the customer gets control via isp of how their connection is set up, because it's clear bt don't have any clue "opt out of DLM"

I haven't rebooted the modem to clear all the errors from before the change, and as a result of the change
Also due to the dlm action and modem re syncing very quickly  it's difficult to say if my BTW IP profile has changed, as it still shows 77.35 but it would if it hadn't been updated, as i have encountered before,following DLM action,  i have had to power off the modem wait a short time and power it back on again ,to get the BTW ip profile to update,
I noticed that the Zen radius servers detected the re sync, where as in the past plusnets often did not  as you would be on the same Gateway, and router had nothing in its log to say it lost pppoe session  due to not getting a response for 6 seconds
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:01:45 PM by tommy45 »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 02:06:40 PM »

It does seem like the fix was just to turn off G.INP on the upstream the evidence looks like it's swinging in that direction tommy45  :(

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 02:20:31 PM »

It does seem like the fix was just to turn off G.INP on the upstream the evidence looks like it's swinging in that direction tommy45  :(
But why does it reduce the upstream attainable  which in some cases will result in loss of some actual sync speed on the US ? it would seem to do this by ramping up the US signal and line attenuation levels somehow, though this doesn't impact the US SNR levels, IMO they have botched it again as the US attainable should increase not decrease if it is fast path

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 05:02:32 PM »

All i know Tommy45 when G.INP was removed from my line the DS and US sync rate dropped and have the Upstream on the so called fastpath profile interleave depth 1 and INP: 0  INPRein:0 and Delay: 0 and still the attainable is lower than it was when i had the MK1 G.INP profile.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 05:11:30 PM »

Also due to the dlm action and modem re syncing very quickly  it's difficult to say if my BTW IP profile has changed, as it still shows 77.35 but it would if it hadn't been updated, as i have encountered before,following DLM action,  i have had to power off the modem wait a short time and power it back on again ,to get the BTW ip profile to update

Your connection is in sync at 79999 Kbps.
As G.INP is still active on the downstream, your IP Profile should be around 96.69% of sync speed. i.e. approximately 77351 Kbps, rounded to 77.35 Mbps (which is currently being reported).

It would be showing as 77.43 Mbps if G.INP wasn't active.

I noticed that the Zen radius servers detected the re sync, where as in the past plusnets often did not  as you would be on the same Gateway, and router had nothing in its log to say it lost pppoe session  due to not getting a response for 6 seconds

It could just be that the connection was down long enough due to the changes for it to have also forced a new PPPoE session anyway.

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 06:38:34 PM »

Or could it be an attempt by OR to "level the playing field" between Huwaei and ECI cabs, if as expected the ECI DSLAMS cannot do upstream G.INP?
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 06:56:15 PM »

But why does it reduce the upstream attainable  which in some cases will result in loss of some actual sync speed on the US ? it would seem to do this by ramping up the US signal and line attenuation levels somehow, though this doesn't impact the US SNR levels, IMO they have botched it again as the US attainable should increase not decrease if it is fast path

I'd noticed some oddities with the upstream before they even did the fixes.    If you look at both of these cases where the EU's fixed the situation themselves by getting BCM bases modem/routers.   Both of them lost some of their upstream and never quite got back to the 18.5Mbps speed test figures again.     These aren't isolated incidents. 

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 06:56:48 PM »

Or could it be an attempt by OR to "level the playing field" between Huwaei and ECI cabs, if as expected the ECI DSLAMS cannot do upstream G.INP?

Yep, lowest common denominator wins.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 07:03:12 PM »

So then a clear case of we have borked things for eci  eu's lets bork it for everyone else too,? Instead of doing what they should have done found a solution that  fixed their mess,I hope Mr kennard gives them both barrels for their
ineptness
If they don't know what they are doing then they should seek the advice from a company that does, roll on the day that  the EU gets are choice  of who supplies /controls  their bb product, I'm dreading them rolling out vectoring or G .fast  what mess will they make of the deployment of that
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:08:54 PM by tommy45 »

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 07:13:36 PM »

Your connection is in sync at 79999 Kbps.
As G.INP is still active on the downstream, your IP Profile should be around 96.69% of sync speed. i.e. approximately 77351 Kbps, rounded to 77.35 Mbps (which is currently being reported).

It would be showing as 77.43 Mbps if G.INP wasn't active.

Yes the BTW IP profile used to be 77.43 if using this Huawei modem and 77.44 when using the ECI modem for some reason, when on  fast path
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:17:32 PM by tommy45 »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 07:31:08 PM »

So then a clear case of we have borked things for eci  eu's lets bork it for everyone else too,? Instead of doing what they should have done found a solution that  fixed their mess,I hope Mr

I see this more as a compromise that BTOR had to make for all end-users CPE from ECI HH5A and other FTTC modems where the modem can't do G.INP on the upstream and yes it's annoying when you know your modem can do both G.INP US and DS but after a while we will just get used to it as being the norm.

Sorry i forgot to ask Tommy45 which FTTC modem they are using at the moment.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:38:10 PM by NewtronStar »

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »

That's where the problem lies and why BT don't really give a p00 about me or you or any other end user, we are just a cash cow who is always happy to pay so matter what they do , About time that ended 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6