Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129]

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 565903 times)

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1920 on: February 12, 2018, 04:50:52 PM »

hi Tony

Could I check please if there is an issue between mdws and tbb charts? If I click on the latency link I get no charts and the only option on the ISP list is any...

thanks.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1921 on: February 12, 2018, 07:03:18 PM »

There was a problem  - a number of background processes hadn't run since Sunday morning due to a server crash early in the morning. It automatically restarted at the time but not everything did successfully. It's running now but there were a lot of delayed resync and other alerts sent out at 18:40 in one go.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #1922 on: February 12, 2018, 07:29:39 PM »

thanks for sorting  :)

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1923 on: February 13, 2018, 10:48:56 PM »

There was a problem  - a number of background processes hadn't run since Sunday morning due to a server crash early in the morning. It automatically restarted at the time but not everything did successfully. It's running now but there were a lot of delayed resync and other alerts sent out at 18:40 in one go.

I presume something similar must have happened today

My line resynced at 01:32 and I got an (expected) "G.INP has now been disabled for your line" message about 5 minutes later but the Line Resync alert itself didn't turn up until 11:36

Many thanks for your continued support of this wonderful facility

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1924 on: February 14, 2018, 08:42:11 AM »

Yes, I've altered a few things to see if it stops.

EDIT
There seems to be a DNS problem so I've changed the provider...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:11:48 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1925 on: February 14, 2018, 08:44:46 AM »

thanks for sorting  :)
BTW you are still on the list from ages ago to get alerts when a cab gets G.INP and it's ECI.... Not seen one yet.

I am currently on 3dB/ECI if you look but nothing to do with that test.
Tony
My Books!

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #1926 on: February 14, 2018, 08:48:05 AM »

cheers. I still do check once a day  ;D  lol...
2 years come april for its elusive return... ::)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #1927 on: March 04, 2018, 02:33:23 PM »

Due to Tony's sad announcement here regarding the impending closure of MDWS, I'm splitting off that post and locking this thread.   
All comments should be posted in the new thread here.

MyDSLWebStats (MDWS) is closing down on Monday 12th March 2018

It is with some regret that I have to announce the closure of MyDSLWebstats. There are many reasons behind this but it's mostly due to the fact that it's taken over my life to the extent that it is about to become a victim of its own success as it's just proving too much for me to cope with. The server is also showing signs of overload recently with a rapidly increasing user base and would likely need a rewrite to get over this. I also have increasing difficulty coding/concentrating these days now I'm 73.

Another major problem is the looming implementation of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) on May 25th. Since I am advised that even as an individual I hold sufficient data on everyone Registered as using MDWS to come under its umbrella, I just don't have the resources or effort needed at my age to get involved in meeting the many requirements it enforces or face the possible penalties it imposes so all that data has to go.

MDWS started as a pure experiment in 2014 with no idea if it was even feasible but it eventually was up and running with a lot of unpaid effort from all those involved (BaldEagle1, roseway, Ronski and tbailey2). We have since lost contact with one of the founding contributors (BaldEagle1) who wrote HG612 Modem Stats which now runs unsupported, which has put more pressure on roseway  when changes are needed to DSLStats.

So on Monday 12th March 2018 MDWS will become unavailable. If anyone wants a refund of any recent donation(s) they made I can do so on request but please do so quickly. Please cancel any standing orders related to donations and you will need to stop uploading by the cessation date else you will just be wasting your bandwidth.

MDWS is no longer accepting Donations or new Registrations as of today.

Thanks for your support over the years and hope the facility was useful to you.

On behalf of the members of the kitz forum, I'd like to thank Tony for creating MDWS and keeping it running for the past 4 years...  and also wish him all the best for the future.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129]

anything