Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Can no longer access hacked HG612 via web interface, HG612 stats failed to also.  (Read 25875 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

Yesterday, I was having intermittent browsing problems, so I tried various things, including try to access  the web interface of the modem, but I would just get a page unavailable message.

I then noticed the BE's monitoring program had over a 1000 isrunning files, and then on checking the modem stats log it had not been updated since 03:23 yesterday morning. There was a red spike on BQM about this time.

Anyway I tried various things, I could ping the modem and get a response, I could log in via Telnet and do things, but BE's programs were not happy, they basically didn't work and I couldn't access the web interface.

I rebooted the modem, router and my server one at a time, but nothing made any difference.

I then got out my spare modem and installed that, and everything then worked perfectly.

I've been in contact with BE and he's says that there have been a couple of reports recently of apparent changes to the modem.

So, is there anyway I can extract information from this modem via Telnet so people can see what's changed and hows it's changed?

Edit: Opps, just posted this and realised it should be in the Broadband Hardware forum
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

My programs may not complete (I'll have to rewrite some of the code to take account of apparent changes), but a Plink log you emailed to me definitely demonstrates that something has changed.

I don't know if this is a modem update or DSLAM update yet, but I do suspect the modem has been remotely updated as you are connected to an ECI DSLAM & other Huawei DSLAM users are very recently starting to report issues.

Here's a couple of snippets from the Plink log. I have just started to examine it:-

xdslcmd info --stats
xdslcmd: ADSL driver and PHY status
Retrain Reason:   0
Last initialization procedure status:   0
Max:   Upstream rate = 8886 Kbps, Downstream rate = 46592 Kbps
Bearer:   0, Upstream rate = 8689 Kbps, Downstream rate = 46593 Kbps

VDSL2 framing
         Bearer 0
MSGc:      18      27
B:      239      238
M:      1      1
T:      64      20
R:      0      16
S:      0.1639      0.8748
L:      11712      2332
D:      1      1
I:      240      255
N:      240      255

Bearer 0
INP:      0.00      0.00
INPRein:   0.00      0.00
delay:      0      0
PER:      2.63      13.17
OR:      72.91      20.04
AgR:      46665.71   8708.69

Bitswap:   4652/4653      3/3

====================================================================================
   VDSL Band Status      U0      U1      U2      U3      U4      D1      D2      D3
  Line Attenuation(dB): 2.2    33.1    50.8     N/A    N/A    16.1    42.7    67.0   
Signal Attenuation(dB): 2.2    32.9    49.8     N/A    N/A    21.4    42.4    67.5   
      SNR Margin(dB):    6.3    6.1    6.2     N/A    N/A    6.3    6.3    6.2   
       TX Power(dBm):   -3.6   -8.7    5.4     N/A     N/A    8.7    7.3   -2.5

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:00:24 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project

<snip> I do suspect the modem gas <snip>

Flammable or non-flammable?  ::)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

<snip> I do suspect the modem gas <snip>

Flammable or non-flammable?  ::)

Pah!!!! There's alway one, isn't there b*cat?

Anyway, it looks like there is an unexpected bit of work for some of us to do here.

It looks like there may well have been a couple of changes here.
Possibly a Huawei DSLAM firmware update AND a HG612 modem firmware change - I'm not sure yet.

ryant704

• Reg Member

Your ISP should know if there were any planned cabinet updates, contact and ask them? If there wasn't it will be a modem update, they should also be able to find that out.

Greybeard33

I have had a similar experience to Ronski. I was not harvesting stats, but when I attempted to log in to the modem for a routine check this evening I found that the web interface was inaccessible, although telnet login still works. From snapshot stats the Plink log has similar additions to those highlighted by BE above, and the DSLAM bandplan has changed again from that reported in my previous thread. This time nearly all the band limits have changed, although still different from those of an ECI DSLAM. The Retrain Reason is 0, although I have not rebooted the modem, and the retrain occurred at about 5am.

Before and after Plinks and stats attached. It appears that both the modem and the DSLAM have received a firmware update. The line performance is slightly improved.

Edit: The U0 and D1 bands no longer overlap.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:42:32 PM by Greybeard33 »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

It seems this has also now happened to my modem at work. At 02:31 this morning HG612 Stats stopped logging, and this coincided with a resync showing on my BQM. I've also lost web access.

I'm going to leave the modem at work as it is, but the question is should I leave my modem at home with the hacked firmware with web access or swap it back to the other one, and forgo the stats until BE whips up a modified version?
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

rob

My modem also updated in the early hours of this morning and is now reporting itself as:

Code: [Select]
# xdslcmd --version
xdslcmd version 1.0
DSL PHY: AnnexA version - A2pv6C038m.d24j
******* Pass *********

I'm connected to an ECI cabinet and my band plans have also changed to:

Discovery Phase (Initial) Band Plan
US: (6,31) (882,1193) (1984,2770)
DS: (33,857) (1218,1959) (2795,4083)

It looks like D3 is the only part to not change.

ryant704

• Reg Member

It seems this has also now happened to my modem at work. At 02:31 this morning HG612 Stats stopped logging, and this coincided with a resync showing on my BQM. I've also lost web access.

I'm going to leave the modem at work as it is, but the question is should I leave my modem at home with the hacked firmware with web access or swap it back to the other one, and forgo the stats until BE whips up a modified version?

It's worth noting DSLstats still works even with the updated firmware.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

Is that with a Huawei or ECI DSLAM?

ryant704

• Reg Member

Is that with a Huawei or ECI DSLAM?

Huawei I believe.

My modem also updated in the early hours of this morning and is now reporting itself as:

# xdslcmd --version
xdslcmd version 1.0
DSL PHY: AnnexA version - A2pv6C038m.d24j
******* Pass *********

I'm connected to an ECI cabinet and my band plans have also changed to:

US: (6,31) (882,1193) (1984,2770)
DS: (33,857) (1218,1959) (2795,4083)

It looks like D3 is the only part to not change.

My current Band Plan on an ECI cabinet if people would like to compare.

US: (0,95) (880,1195) (1984,2771)
DS: (32,859) (1216,1959) (2792,4083)

All our bands are different, even if it is just one of the two. Worth noting my cabinet and modem haven't been updated yet.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:32:21 PM by ryant704 »

rob

My current Band Plan on an ECI cabinet if people would like to compare.

US: (0,95) (880,1195) (1984,2771)
DS: (32,859) (1216,1959) (2792,4083)

All our bands are different, even if it is just one of the two. Worth noting my cabinet and modem haven't been updated yet.

My previous values are the same as yours - I'd obviously misread my old D3 value in the heat of the moment! :-[  That means it's all change.

boe323

So, is someone going to be unlocking this new firmware?, ive flashed back to the updated blob old firmware, my sync speed instantly improved and ping went back down, so im not happy with the performance of the new firmware, but that could be because of the overwriting of the hacked firmware maybe, will someone be taking on the job?. Oh yes, don't reset your modem, you will loose the telnet aswell.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:36:14 PM by boe323 »

ryant704

• Reg Member

Oh yes, don't reset your modem, you will loose the telnet aswell.

I'm assuming you done a hard reset (by accident maybe), this going back to factory settings. You will need to unlock the modem again... though you've done that now.

boe323

yeah, I held the reset button to long. :-[ . My error rate at the moment is nearly non existant, theres really no need to have the new firmware, the old works fantastic with the updated dslam, I would usually get around 10/15 crcs in 15mins, Ive had 1 in 45mins. ;D How do you tell what dslam your on?, I thought I wasn't on eci because of not having the eci modem.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:51:51 PM by boe323 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4