Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: VDSL2 Retrain Reason 8000  (Read 35077 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
VDSL2 Retrain Reason 8000
« on: September 11, 2013, 05:35:01 PM »

I am getting the Retrain Reason 8000 on HG612 it was at 0 four hours ago and internet is faster up & down but SNR margin has gone down from 6.3 to 3.2, I have forgotten what the 8000 code meens.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:58:50 PM by NewtronStar »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: VDSL2 Retrain Reason 8000
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 06:44:09 PM »

I can't recall if we ever determined the origin for that numeric reason but if you put the string 'Retrain Reason' into the 'Search' box (above at right hand side) and click on 'Search' it will show you five pages of results. You won't need to read them all . . . probably just the first 6 - 8.  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 06:56:01 PM »

but if you put the string 'Retrain Reason' into the 'Search' box (above at right hand side) and click on 'Search' it will

I have been searching on the Web for 8000 but most of them seem to ADSL related, and the search box on Kitz forum only shows two post  ;) my post and your reply  ???

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:06:57 PM by NewtronStar »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 07:31:54 PM »

Ok it looks like a normal retrain reason 2 but 8000 is retraining you to a lower SNR margin to see if your line can go faster and remain stable during this stage.

or it looks like reason 2 is a loss of framing which is I believe something to do with the equipment at the exchange.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:42:12 PM by NewtronStar »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 08:15:56 PM »

I was using this thread to make note of any retrain reason codes that Id experienced, theres some info in there from Asbo which may explain it
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 08:36:55 PM »

It's understood that those codes are values for bitwise left shift operations.

e.g. 

1<<15 (or 2^15) is 0x8000 (Retrain Reason: G992 Failure)

1<<13 (or 2^13) is 0x2000 (Retrain Reason: DSL Start Physical Layer Cmd)

cheers, a

EDIT: so combining 0x8000 and 0x800 ((1<<15) & (1<<11)) suggests a G992 Failure because of a Tone Ordering Exception.

Could be wrong though  :blush:

Cheers Kitz for the link but still don't understand after the HG612 went 8000 speeds are faster but SNR Margins are halved so it may be a short term speedup until the next retrain ! I have only saw this happen twice in 14 months on BT FTTC 40/10

and wonder if anyone can help me with the stats layout on 4.1 here is a 3 day log but as you can see you cannot read the bottom the time logs it all seems squashed.

[Moderator edited to fix a broken link.]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 10:13:40 PM by burakkucat »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 09:32:59 PM »

speeds are faster but SNR Margins are halved so it may be a short term speedup until the next retrain !

You may be right.   How long it will remain at 3dB for is anyones guess.  Looking at your graphs daily variance looks to be around 1.5dB, so it may hang in there but experience lots of errors.  atm it certainly doesnt look like you'd get that speed again now if you rebooted. 

Your DS FECs have certainly increased.   
Id keep an eye on the DS Err Seconds though, because if they continue to be high then the DLM is going to cut in anyhow.  How many over the past 24hrs I cant tell from the graph
If so, Im wondering if you perhaps just call it quits, and realise that the DLM is likely to notice -  In fact it looks like its already done so - Ive just noticed the increased interleaving depth.  :(

----------

As regards to the graphs, not seen anything like that before.  Are your dailies like that, or just the 3 day run
From the missing blocks in the interleaving and uptime, it doesnt look like its been recording all data.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 09:48:26 PM »

In fact it looks like its already done so - Ive just noticed the increased interleaving depth.  :(

----------

As regards to the graphs, not seen anything like that before.  Are your dailies like that, or just the 3 day run
From the missing blocks in the interleaving and uptime, it doesnt look like its been recording all data.

Thanks Kitz you noticed the interleaving has gone up to it's not a massive jump like 6 months ago when it went upto 1600, what I am going to do is leave it and not reboot the HG612 and see what happens but I know how it's going to end up.

and the Stats with V4.1 on Vista has given me hassle since day one was gonna go back to V1.1 but some stats will be lost, BE1 done his best to find whats causing this it looks ok if you do a 30 day log but it do a 20 day 7 day 3 day 1 hour the times are squished  :(

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 09:58:15 PM »

gonna go back to V1.1 but some stats will be lost,

If you find the file modem_stats.log in the HG612_Modem_Stats\Ongoing_Stats folder.   Make a copy of it and drop it into the other version and it should retain the data for you.

Thanks Kitz you noticed the interleaving has gone up to it's not a massive jump like 6 months ago when it went upto 1600,

What concerns me is that from the information we are gathering about the FTTC DLM, it will be recording the increase in your error seconds and will have noticed it already.  Once your 'poor count' reaches a certain level then its going to be increasing your interleaving and start capping the speed anyhow.   

I only suggested it because I think if it was my line, I'd probably resync now.. knowing that its not going to last.  That way at least Ive lessened the chance of it applying more interleaving..  which could take a while to get rid of.  :/

-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 10:04:42 PM »

gonna go back to V1.1 but some stats will be lost,

If you find the file modem_stats.log in the HG612_Modem_Stats\Ongoing_Stats folder.   Make a copy of it and drop it into the other version and it should retain the data for you.

Thanks Kitz you noticed the interleaving has gone up to it's not a massive jump like 6 months ago when it went upto 1600,

What concerns me is that from the information we are gathering about the FTTC DLM, it will be recording the increase in your error seconds and will have noticed it already.  Once your 'poor count' reaches a certain level then its going to be increasing your interleaving and start capping the speed anyhow.   

I only suggested it because I think if it was my line, I'd probably resync now.. knowing that its not going to last.  That way at least Ive lessened the chance of it applying more interleaving..  which could take a while to get rid of.  :/

I hear you loud and clear i'll reboot the HG612 now and again thanks.

Ah well I have lost 5 megs down and 1 up but it was not going to last long anyway then move me to a higher interleave depth which I don't want, so I am back to 433 interleave depth and SNR Margin is also back into the 6's ;D

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:33:23 PM by NewtronStar »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 11:24:21 PM »

I had to do quite a bit of horizontal scrolling to view your latest montage.  :-X  That's the reason why the No Feathers software also produces a portrait version of the montage . . . posting to fora, for the use of.

Your QLN & SNR graphs are extremely 'ragged' and I'm not too sure what to make of them.  :-\

I am very surprised that you do not see the five pages of search results as I do . . .  ???  I've attached a 'screen scrape', below.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 11:58:08 PM »

Just to confirm..  I also see 5 pages of results ^.   I didnt try earlier and went straight to the thread where I knew it was being discussed.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 03:56:21 PM »

I had to do quite a bit of horizontal scrolling to view your latest montage.  :-X  That's the reason why the No Feathers software also produces a portrait version of the montage . . . posting to fora, for the use of.

Your QLN & SNR graphs are extremely 'ragged' and I'm not too sure what to make of them.  :-\

I am very surprised that you do not see the five pages of search results as I do . . .  ???  I've attached a 'screen scrape', below.

I will keep that in mind when attaching montage  ;) the horizonal looks good to me on the widescreen moniter (photo gallery) but may not look so good via the forum page.

the search box seems to working for me to-day so i'll plod though them to-night.

I wonder if you know were I could get my hands on the older version of the HG612 Stats program to see if it fix's my odd stats currently using V4.1 so looking for v1 or V1.2

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »

I wonder if you know were I could get my hands on the older version of the HG612 Stats program to see if it fix's my odd stats currently using V4.1 so looking for v1 or V1.2

I believe the BE may be away atm, but if you give me a couple of mins, I'll zip and upload v1.1 somewhere for you

---

http://kitz.co.uk/downloads/HG612_Modem_Stats.Programs-r1.1.rar
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:08:56 PM by kitz »
-----

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 05:16:27 PM »

I believe the BE may be away atm

I think it was a year ago when someone was given a severe pecking by Mrs Eagle as a result of forgetting their wedding anniversary! I believe that a significant financial sum has been spent this year . . .  :-X   

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6